By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
936cbpminor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Repro Tax Disc

Post by 936cbpminor »

Not seen this topic here but...
If you want that final box ticked then can recommend http://poplargreg.com/
Reproduction tax discs. Not perforated but good quality repro if you want to fill that now vacant space in the bottom left hand corner of your viewing space.
1961 948cc Yukon Grey 'Her In Doors'
simmitc

Re: Repro Tax Disc

Post by simmitc »

Or use the disc that the MMOC sends you, which acts as a reminder of when you membership is due for renewal.
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

I found an original 1953 disc on Ebay for £8.00.
I just went over the registration mark with new ink to match the car's present number and filled in the blank boxes with Minor credentials.
The disc was already displaying the Morris make and has a nice clear date stamp from a Dorset Licence Office. :D[frame]Image[/frame]

martin418
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by martin418 »

you can get reproductions made a company on ebay does them or google reproduction tax discs
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

Quite correct, if you can't find an original go for a reproduction. :D

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I realise that this is a bit of an old topic, but I've recently found this site which will print to Tax Discs order, so you can have your own quirky serial number etc.
Choose a random serial number
Choose an Expiry Date
State your registration number
State your taxation eg PLG
State your vehicle manufacturer
State your preferred Post Office Area stamp design

You even get 6 copies for £5, so when they fade in the sunlight you can replace it.
http://www.miniphernalia.co.uk/reproduc ... -disc.html
Basil the 1955 series II

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Or, as I was advised by the guy that made mine, for the first time it was registered in 1957 - from the old buff logbook - and even came with the Cambridge main Post Office stamp, scan it in to your computer and print a new one when it fades. ! Simples!
BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)

Post by BrianHawley »

Just a shout out for Poplar Gregg.

Recently did me a great repro disc for Jodie. Even a perfect rendering of the original issuing office stamp from the scan I sent him of the registration book.

They are correctly printed on the back too, so look great in a simple "plastic circle" holder.

They are not perforated, but you can use a big needle or very small paper-punch (as I did) to perforate them and tear out for an authentic look.

You get a couple of extras free, in case the first one fades (as the real ones also did in time) or you mess up the perforations. He'll write in the details for you by hand, or you can do it yourself if you prefer.

I hear that a lot of the discs you see in period films and tv shows are his. He has vast records and a reputation for historical accuracy.
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.
toulky
Minor Friendly

Post by toulky »

BrianHawley wrote:Just a shout out for Poplar Gregg.

Recently did me a great repro disc for Jodie. Even a perfect rendering of the original issuing office stamp from the scan I sent him of the registration book.

They are correctly printed on the back too, so look great in a simple "plastic circle" holder.

They are not perforated, but you can use a big needle or very small paper-punch (as I did) to perforate them and tear out for an authentic look.

You get a couple of extras free, in case the first one fades (as the real ones also did in time) or you mess up the perforations. He'll write in the details for you by hand, or you can do it yourself if you prefer.

I hear that a lot of the discs you see in period films and tv shows are his. He has vast records and a reputation for historical accuracy.
Yes Popular Gregg did a repro for me too. Very professional job and quick delivery. He provided the original issuing office from the registration number.
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

Post by Shropshiremoggie »

Went to Beaulieu today and picked up a leaflet on repro. Tax Discs. Seem to be able to reproduce good quality items . Web. address is www.britishtaxdiscs.co.uk phone 01451 844652 Earlswood Vintage and Classic . Hope this helps some members !