Looking for Rover GN37 (Almond Green) paint

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Leonardo
MMOC Member: No

Looking for Rover GN37 (Almond Green) paint

Post by Leonardo »

Hiya,
I'm currently living near Aylesbury Bucks. I have a 1967 Morris Minor 2door which needs some small bodywork. I'm looking for a supplier for the color Rover GN37 (Almond Green) in a tin (not a spray-can), online or local. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!!

Best regards
Leo
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: Looking for Rover GN37 (Almond Green) paint

Post by ManyMinors »

It should be no problem at all to obtain. Are you looking for cellulose or 2K or have you not thought?
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

I prefer 2K but actually I don't really know. I just need it for small area's where a spot of rust comes through, so a spray tin wouldn't do, just a normal tin or can with paint that I can use with a fine brush. Later I will have my car resprayed, this is just a temporary solution.

Halfords can't produce GN37 and they couldn't tell me who in the Aylesbury area can.

There is some urgency, I want the job done by the end of september because afterwards it will be too wet, I have no garage so I depend on the weather.

Thanks in advance folks!

Regards,
Leo
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

Any local trade car paint supplier should be able to mix it - or a body shop with their own mixing scheme?
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Leonardo wrote: I just need it for small area's where a spot of rust comes through, so a spray tin wouldn't do, just a normal tin or can with paint that I can use with a fine brush.
ESM sell touch up pots with a small brush and usually deliver next day. Alternatively buy a spray can, spray the paint into the lid or tray etc then apply with a small brush - that's what I do, and it works out cheaper than buying the smaller pots. http://morrisminorspares.co.uk/shop/adv ... en&x=4&y=8

Eric - 1971 Traveller
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

ANY green will do short term to protect it over winter ! As an aside - does anyone know a Carrier that will take cans of spray paint?? Royal Snail won't touch them....
ImageImage
Hillclimb1
Minor Friendly

Post by Hillclimb1 »

Got my gn37 almond green of ebay, good quality stuff, toke 2days delivery
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Okay, thanks folks, that's great help!