Steves Morris Traveller 1970

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
greendefender123
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Steves Morris Traveller 1970

Post by greendefender123 »

Hi im Steve. Following on from my other thread. Will be joining the club soon. But money is an issue this month. Car is a owner from new. Full service history tho it hasnt been on the road since 84. Iv got loads of pictures. And am doing abit at a time. No rush to do it.[frame]Image[/frame]
Last edited by greendefender123 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Re: Steves Morris Traveller

[frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

[frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

[frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

[frame]Image[/frame]
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Looks like a good project! :D

Too many Minors so little time.....
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Yeah it's a lot of work tho. I can only do a little bit at a time due to my health. I was only after a morris saloon that needed tidying that my partner and i could run around in and do some shows. But this car is one off and il me keeping it. Will probably have to do up a saloon to sell to get some money back. Anyway heres some more pictures.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Abit more done today. Shame i cant thrash on with it. Bloody health. I had to grind of the lower grill bolts. They were completely rusted up. And to long aswell. Iv been labelling all the wiring so i know goes where. Progress is slow but il get there.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Been busy yesterday. Engine and box removed. Gonna have a good sort out of the workshop today. Never seem to have any space! Might stick the interior in the loft. Shame the seats wont fit up there. I cant damage any of it as its original and mint you (cant buy that!)apart from the rotten carpet which will need replacing. Tho thats a long way off yet. Might just temporarily put the wood together to keep it together and out of the way.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
And the messy workshop. Believe it or not i am tidy and put everything away when iv finished. Theres plenty of stuff already in the workshop which dosent help matters.[frame]Image[/frame]
Just trying out the wood for looks. Just imagining going for picnicks with my partner next summer in it lol. Will also be great for longer trips and some camping. Much better then the old ka my partner wont give up. My cars not practical for that but the landy is great tho abit juicy.[frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Just been playing with the wood. Its been decided after having a couple of people in know have come to look to keep it varnished as it will be like a show car the wood looks old which is really good. It will be getting another coat of varnish before its fitted and will be varnished every year afterwards. I so happy with the wood tho. Gonna get some argon/co2 for the welder tomorrow then i can make a start on the body.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

P.S iv just joined the club. Will hopefully get some information soon.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Re: Steves Morris Traveller 1970

Nothing worth posting up. Iv been taking the bits off the old wood. Welded up the bottoms of the metal bit that fit the wood. Iv just started rubbing down and filling the alloy panels for the wood today. Slow and steady!
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

Looks like a nice project good progress so far I'd dread doing a traveller myself with the timber aspect of it
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Haha i was after saloon that needed tidying lended up with a traveller project. Im sure il be ok tho.
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

Plenty of patience needed there with it I'll be keeping an eye on it been done
greendefender123
Minor Addict

I was away last week. But before then, Saturday and today iv been busy filling and sanding the panels. Its so much work doing. They arnt going to be perfect but will be good. It takes forever sanding down the filler. But il be happy with results. I can live with the odd imperfection as the car will be staying original.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Some pictures the o/s wing was quite bad but alot better. They still need the final rub down before painting. Im still finishing the rear panels. Iv also been spraying a black dusting coat on and sanding it smooth. I think its gonna look good. Iv been using etch primer on bare metal. Just a quick spray. Then filling primer. Im only managing abit of sanding a day. Think the weldings gonna be easier lol.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Finished the spraying for the wood. Apart from the roof. Panels arnt perfect but much better than i was expecting. Im really pleased with it. Its gonna look lovely and original i reckon. Just gonna put the wood together and work out where i need to weld the metal up to. Im hoping to get all the welding all done over winter and get ready to spray the body next summer. Im thinking i might strip off the old panit which might give a slightly better finish.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
Johnd103
Minor Fan

Post by Johnd103 »

Your flying with it now wish I could say the same I'm still waiting on the shell
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Got the other panels screw into the wood. Iv added another coat of varnish under the panels. Im so happy with the paint results its nowhere near perfect but for first time spraying its great. Iv really over done it today tho. I shouldn't do asmuch but am making the most of the weather before it goes. Early night for me.