Real Ale selection at the National Rally 2016!

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Cam
MMOC Member: No

Real Ale selection at the National Rally 2016!

Post by Cam »

Just some information for you lovely people on the availability of Real Ale this weekend at the National Rally:

We will have 4 lovely ales on and their details can be found below. We will also obviously have a selection of lagers, wines , spirits and ciders, soft drinks also available

These will be priced at £3.50 a pint but I'm happy to run a happy hour of £3 a pint on Friday night for the first hour so if you can promote this among attendees it would be much appreciated.

Reservoir Premium - ABV 4.6%
Brewed from the highest quality Maris Otter Malt & flavoured with specially select hops. Full bodied and amber in colour. A wonderfully smooth drink which leaves you wanting more

Stairway to Heaven

A.B.V 5.0%
Colour Pale
Nose Distinctive hoppy aroma
Taste Smooth easy drinking beer, but be careful of it's strength
Hops Fuggles & Goldings with late copper hops added
Malt Pale
Sizes Firkin

Draught Burton Ale

Draught Burton Ale (DBA)
A.B.V. 4.8%

Following the announcement by Carlsberg that they were to stop brewing 'DBA', interested parties started a campaign on social media to find a brewer to produce this iconic ale.

Both Burton Bridge Brewery directors, Geoff Mumford & Bruce Wilkinson were involved with the original beer at Ind Coope and felt it important that the beer returned to it's Burton home.

Following a trial brew, the new beer made it's debut at the Burton CAMRA Beer Festival in March 2015.

It has become a firm favourite, with many saying how much like the original beer it is

It would be impossible to brew an exact replica, but we are sure it is as close as possible.

Golden Delicious
A.B.V 3.8%
Colour Pale straw
Nose Delicate Styrian hop aroma
Taste Dry bitter finish
Hops Challenger with Styrion used late in the copper
Malt Pale
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Real Ale selection at the National Rally 2016!

Post by les »

At that price no fear of the evening ending in a drunken brawl! Petrol is a real bargain in comparison. :D

dudload
Minor Fan

Post by dudload »

I was thinking that's a bargain compared to prices round me, which are currently sitting at 4.50 a pint
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

les wrote:At that price no fear of the evening ending in a drunken brawl! Petrol is a real bargain in comparison. :D
Good heavens, is that how the national usually ends? :D
Tea
Minor Fan

Post by Tea »

I agree with cheap prices - even £3.50 sounds great to me! In Cambridge you'll be lucky to find anything half decent for £4.50. Last weekend I got 2 bottles of ale for £11.80!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I must get out more then!-------- but petrol is still cheaper. However the beer should be free for members, the club needs to get rid of some of its funds. :D

Adrian Pearse
Minor Friendly

Post by Adrian Pearse »

Ok understandable its an event bar so prices will be higher. Now come on. Purchasing of stock, travel to venue, cost of venue, Staff time have to be taken out first before any profit is made. At those prices they'll be making right old profit out of members. Your right Les is the national getting to expensive, pay for this pay for that and the other.
Last edited by Adrian Pearse on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

You're paying for "the other" at the National? I didn't know we had any stalls with that type of merchandise :oops:
Higgy
Minor Friendly

Post by Higgy »

£3.50 for Real Ale is very good and Happy Hour even better, the beer in our village is around the £3.80 mark where
I lived before the Nags Head at Low Bradfield £2 a pint. The Bradfield Micro Brewery owns the pub.
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

What time does happy hour start? Might be useful to know :D

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

les wrote:I must get out more then!-------- but petrol is still cheaper.
Doesn't taste very nice though. I often think it's wrong that what was beer, now has to be called real ale; why not just call the other stuff dish water?

Moving off topic, I think it's time we moved the big meetings away from those months referred to as Summer.....I reckon the weather is better in October, than it is in July and as for flaming June, it really was "FLAMING" June. It's a far cry from 1976 or even 2006, which was the last year we had what I call a Summer. Can't someone fire a big missile at the poxxy jet stream??? I seem to recall that when I was in school, it was referred to as the inter tropical front.
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

For anyone in the N.E. region, the home of real beer, a case of 12 bottles of double maxim can be purchased at the Maxim brewery Houghton le spring for just £1.42 a pint bottle.
4.7% and a tad smoother than Newcastle brown ale, a real bargain.
http://www.maximbrewery.co.uk/brands/brands.aspx
Where angels fear to tread