Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MikeNash
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Aldi compressor & air tools

Post by MikeNash »

From tomorrow Aldi have these https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/diy/tools. I've bought most of my air tools and my compressor from Aldi and am well pleased.
Regards, MikeN.
Morris Minor, the car of the future. One day they will all look like this!
dalebrignall
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Aldi compressor & air tools

Post by dalebrignall »

ive got aldi compresser its fine
[sig]5641[/sig]
Darren.
Minor Friendly

Post by Darren. »

Dale what jobs and tools have you done using this compressor. Have you done any paint spraying. Im interested in your usage.
Thanks......
Darren
dudload
Minor Fan

Post by dudload »

anyone reckon that paint sprayer would be ok for a DIY spray of some new front wings i'm going to order. i'm a complete novice so might make a complete mess of it!
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

ive used an oil gun and pumped up the tyres includingmy tractor tyres and used the air pistol thing , its good enough for what i want the tank is not very big but i only paid £50
[sig]5641[/sig]
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

Any one experiencing difficulties in having the air tool accessories in their local Aldi's as they should have been in stock together with the 50 ltr compressors but to date my local shop hasn't had them in just the compressors !
amgrave
Minor Addict

Post by amgrave »

I did see a mention somewhere that due to supply difficulties some items won't be in stores for a few days after the advertised date. Shame as I was after the impact wrench.

Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

Well my local Aldi still hasn't had the accessories in to date , 29.3.2017, so I had to travel 8 miles away to the next branch which had the full compliment . Debating weather or not to upgrade to the 50ltr one but I haven't had this 25ltr one a year yet !
MikeNash
Minor Addict

Post by MikeNash »

What ho, Chums!

I see that Aldi will have it's 50 litre tank V twin cylinder compressor back for sale again from this Thursday onward and at £140 it's good value. See here at https://www.aldi.co.uk/air-compressor-5 ... 3120321100
And if you click here at https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/di ... lar&page=0 and scroll down you'll see several air tools most of which I have and with which I'm well pleased. I recommend you go and see them.

Get there early! Regards, MikeN.
Unimatrix1066
Minor Friendly

Post by Unimatrix1066 »

Do u know the CFL rate of the unit as it's not on the website.
I bought an upright scheppach compressor and the flows too low for tools being used continuously
MikeNash
Minor Addict

Post by MikeNash »

Hmmm, CFL? Wiki tells me that CFL is the Courant-Frieddrichs-Lewy condition used in maths while solving certain partial differential equations, usually hyperbolic PDEs. (Then again, the Canadian Football League?)
Perhaps you meant CFM i.e. Cubic Feet per Minute airflow? If so, if you go thro' the link you'll see "read full description" and if you press on that it'll give you the airflow in litres/min. Via http://www.convertunits.com/from/litre/ ... oot/minute you can convert these to CFM. It claims an intake of 412l/m (14CFM), a delivery at 0bar of 260l/m (9CFM), at 4bar 207l/m (7CFM), at 6bar 173l/m (6CFM) and 7bar 147l/m (5CFM).
This piece of kit is rather better than my own similar Aldi compressor that I bought almost 3 years ago and with which I'm well pleased. When I drive very hungry items like the airsaw they can beat my compressor but then I take a rest as the compressor catches up. I suspect its as much the restriction in flow caused by the airline. This new compressor would be significantly better. Finally I note that comparing the given intake volume rate with the output at 0bar we get a volumetric efficiency of 63% which seems about right, i.e. the figures seem to hang together.
Regards, MikeN.
boody227
Minor Friendly

Post by boody227 »

I bought the 25l aldi compressor when they had it in stock last year. Just sprayed my entire car and it has performed perfectly. It was running constantly but always kept up with the demand.
If the 50l compressor on sale now is as good as my 25l then I would highly recommend anybody to snatch one up before they go!
Cheers, Luke
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

What country are the compressors made in ??