Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
firehor5e
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Roy

Post by firehor5e »

Is it just me that thinks this club has declined since bmcecosse is no longer with us?
1968 2 door 1275
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Re: Roy

Post by firedrake1942 »

The country in general has really gone downhill since King Harald died !
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

showing your age now firedrake :lol:
ianmack
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by ianmack »

The site is certainly quieter without his prodigious efforts, and also less contentious.

I don’t think he was a club member though, I seem to remember him saying he didn’t join clubs.
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

It's definitely gone quieter but thank goodness there are still a number of equally knowledgeable / experienced guys on here to flourish us ammeters with their font of knowledge / experience. :D
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Budgie wrote:It's definitely gone quieter but thank goodness there are still a number of equally knowledgeable / experienced guys on here to flourish us ammeters with their font of knowledge / experience. :D
If our Carlos Fandango website had a 'like' button, I'd like this post. Since it doesn't, I wont. I'm certainly behind its sentiment, 'liked' or otherwise.

By the way, just because the members are bright sparks, I don't think it's fair to call them ammeters :lol:
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

ianmack wrote:The site is certainly quieter without his prodigious efforts, and also less contentious.

I don’t think he was a club member though, I seem to remember him saying he didn’t join clubs.
This is correct, Roy told me that he wasn't a member.
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

I did wonder why such a prodigious provider of solutions did not get a mention in the club magazine upon his sad departure.
Regardless of course of his membership status, I do think an article perhaps including interviews with members of his family could easily provide a double centre spread of highly entertaining anecdotes.
I wonder if the club would consider this?
Incidentally, he would be doubly annoyed to find posting the word centre suggests a spelling error offering the american center, or is that just my settings? :D
Where angels fear to tread
Budgie
Minor Addict

Post by Budgie »

Admin wrote:
Budgie wrote:It's definitely gone quieter but thank goodness there are still a number of equally knowledgeable / experienced guys on here to flourish us ammeters with their font of knowledge / experience. :D
If our Carlos Fandango website had a 'like' button, I'd like this post. Since it doesn't, I wont. I'm certainly behind its sentiment, 'liked' or otherwise.

By the way, just because the members are bright sparks, I don't think it's fair to call them ammeters :lol:
My apologies, the word "ammeter " should have been firmly aimed at myself. Any distress or upset caused by this ill thought of phrase , then please feel free to flog me with as many of the most heaviest house bricks you can find [if you can find me :P ]. :D :D :D

p.s.

really really sorry . :cry:
Nickol
Minor Addict

Post by Nickol »

moggiethouable wrote: Incidentally, he would be doubly annoyed to find posting the word centre suggests a spelling error offering the american center, or is that just my settings? :D
It probably is - using the Standard Microsoft always Defaults to English (USA) unless you go to a lot of Trouble to Change the Default settings. However, as the UK I have noticed is overwhelmed with US American TV programmes (note the spelling) a lot of People use US american words, phrases and grammar without hardly noticing.
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Budgie wrote:
Admin wrote:

My apologies, the word "ammeter " should have been firmly aimed at myself. Any distress or upset caused by this ill thought of phrase , then please feel free to flog me with as many of the most heaviest house bricks you can find [if you can find me :P ]. :D :D :D

p.s.

really really sorry . :cry:
Oh well, I thought it was funny anyway ;)
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster