Traveller front seats.

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Rory
MMOC Member: No

Traveller front seats.

Post by Rory »

Does anyone make front seat fixing brackets that allow the seat to go further back? i.e. a bracket with say three holes in it rather than the standard two?
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Traveller front seats.

Post by myoldjalopy »

There are four sets of four threaded holes in the floorpan into which the brackets can be bolted, giving you a choice of two seat positions. If you look under the car this is quite apparent. Of course, if you are already using the two rearward holes then you can't go back further. Never seen a bracket like you describe, if I understand you correctly.......
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

This is the plate in question and is attached to the underside of the floor. Note that it has 4 threaded holes so giving the variable seat positions.
Attachments
seat plate.jpg
seat plate.jpg (5.8 KiB) Viewed 1728 times

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Yes, I suppose to be entirely accurate, I should have said that there are four metal plates, each with four threaded holes, which are fixed to the underside of the floorpan, to which the brackets can be bolted from inside the car, giving you the choice of two seat positions.
Anyway, Phil's picture shows what they look like. If you crawl underneath your car you will see that the underside of the plates have what look like four nuts attached to them, into which the bracket bolts screw.
Rory
MMOC Member: No

Post by Rory »

Thanks for your help - RORY.