Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
CrazyPropGeek
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Members Area Access - Post Membership Start

Post by CrazyPropGeek »

Hi all,

I was just wondering, how do I gain "Members Area" access after I've received membership? I've been a member for over a month now but I'm assuming my accounts haven't been linked. Who can I contact?

Thank you!
Luke :)
Morris Minor Series II (1955) - DeLorean DMC-12 (1981)
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Members Area Access - Post Membership Start

Post by palacebear »

Luke. If you re-post this under 'Problems with the messageboard' you'll probably get a swift-ish response from the Administrator, but maybe not a swift resolution to this issue. There are apparently known issues with the Members Area. Quite a few of us are unable to access it. There is also a recent post (yesterday?) outlining the way you should be able to access the Members Area.
1956 4-door called Max
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

palacebear wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 1:31 pm Luke. If you re-post this under 'Problems with the messageboard' you'll probably get a swift-ish response from the Administrator, but maybe not a swift resolution to this issue. There are apparently known issues with the Members Area. Quite a few of us are unable to access it. There is also a recent post (yesterday?) outlining the way you should be able to access the Members Area.
You carry on like this and you're going to end up with a sodding job :lol:

Right, the issue in this particular example is the 'members area' of the forum, which is a misnomer anyway since the real members area content is not on the messageboard at all and is instead linked from the homepage of the website here https://www.mmoc.org.uk/MyAccount/Login, with an entirely separate login to the board. As you'll see there, there is a 'Register' link to create an account, which when it is created and verified by the office staff (I don't manage this process, it's one that the paid staff in the office deal with), will allow you access to the members area at https://www.mmoc.org.uk/Members/. Still with me?

This 'members area' thing has been causing difficulties for a while though, so I've renamed that particular forum now, and I'm going to liaise with our IT provider about making the different logins more obvious, so cheers for the prompt. PB, see me after class ;) :)
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Admin wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 5:18 pmYou carry on like this and you're going to end up with a sodding job :lol:
All this time on my hands... means I can keep you on your toes Mike :lol: :lol:
1956 4-door called Max
CrazyPropGeek
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by CrazyPropGeek »

Thank you for the help guys I'll get on it today. :D
Morris Minor Series II (1955) - DeLorean DMC-12 (1981)