Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Spotted today.

Post by Shropshiremoggie »

SteveClem wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:15 pm Thanks for the tip, might give it a try for Thursday lunch,if it accepts dogs. Buy you a pint if you're around.
I know they dont allow dogs inside but they do have a garden area at the front . If you decide to call in let me know -always up for a pint -Twisted Spire - excellent !
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

We'll take a weather check Thursday morning, not my turn to drive that day so might manage a couple. :D
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

SteveClem wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:38 pm We'll take a weather check Thursday morning, not my turn to drive that day so might manage a couple. :D
OK no problem .
TDV102
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by TDV102 »

Two tidy convertibles parked next to each other on Northallerton's Applegarth Car Park
Good home offered for custom splittie
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

Shropshiremoggie wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:12 pm
SteveClem wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:38 pm We'll take a weather check Thursday morning, not my turn to drive that day so might manage a couple. :D
OK no problem .
Have sent you a PM ( I think ) . Sorry we cant meet , have a good holiday.
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

on the M1 yesterday,south of Leicester..a lovely green van,with roof rack and ladders! un-signwritten,i think.
GavinL
Minor Fan

Post by GavinL »

At the Bristol car show at the Bath & West showground. Roadworthy, driven by a bearded chap in a tweed jacket.
Attachments
DC615B85-3F01-49C1-B189-7B894A95D80A.jpeg
DC615B85-3F01-49C1-B189-7B894A95D80A.jpeg (216.73 KiB) Viewed 2625 times
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Bit of a wash and some T-Cut, be good as new!
DVLA site shows it passed an MOT in the last month, just goes to show how appearances can be deceptive!
Basil the 1955 series II

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

geoberni wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:13 pm Bit of a wash and some T-Cut, be good as new!
Nooooo! Don't destroy that wonderful patina! Its irreplaceable! :lol:
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

geoberni wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:13 pm DVLA site shows it passed an MOT in the last month, just goes to show how appearances can be deceptive!
Mind you, it also shows the car of that registration to be a 1962 model which the car in that photo is plainly not unless it has received a great deal of modification :wink:
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

ManyMinors wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:34 pm
geoberni wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:13 pm DVLA site shows it passed an MOT in the last month, just goes to show how appearances can be deceptive!
Mind you, it also shows the car of that registration to be a 1962 model which the car in that photo is plainly not unless it has received a great deal of modification :wink:
It says Nov '62 and aside from the combined Indicators, wasn't '62 the year the final changes were made??
I'm not that hot on the different changes timeline :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

amgrave
Minor Addict

Post by amgrave »

All I can say is my 4 door is a 1963 and has clap hand wipers and front indicators are single lens white.

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

***YUM is reserved for 'age-related' re-registrations. May have been issued to cover some discrepancies in the car's history. Final changes to lights wipers etc were introduced in October 1963 for 1964 model year.
1956 4-door called Max
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

palacebear wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:14 pm ***YUM is reserved for 'age-related' re-registrations. May have been issued to cover some discrepancies in the car's history. Final changes to lights wipers etc were introduced in October 1963 for 1964 model year.
Curiouser and curiouser....

So the Reg is probably a replacement, but it still doesn't explain how the DVLA say it's a Nov 62, but the appearance is of a post '64...

Can't beat a good mystery.....

Perhaps a rebuild years ago and some latter bits got used.... although the wipers is a bit drastic presumably indicating that a latter body-shell was used... ummmm
Clueso.jpg
Clueso.jpg (13.97 KiB) Viewed 2513 times
Basil the 1955 series II

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

geoberni wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:23 pm Perhaps a rebuild years ago and some latter bits got used.... although the wipers is a bit drastic presumably indicating that a latter body-shell was used... ummmm
Not impossible. IIRC one came up for sale at on-line auction last year and was discussed briefly on here. Quoted as 1959 with photo of an MA2S3 chassis plate. Listing stated words to the effect of: 'Rebuilt with 1967 body shell... etc'. It also had odd rear wings. One high-arch off a split-screen car and one later small-arch :D
1956 4-door called Max
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

No phone with me today so no pic. A nice Old English White Mk.1 Mini Cooper HNW***D in Tesco car park Kidderminster. Twin fuel fillers. Minilite wheels. Sounded nice too 8)
1956 4-door called Max
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

5 at Woodvale Southport

Post by Sleeper »

These five were enjoying the sea breeze...
mm5.JPG
mm5.JPG (767.54 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
mm4.JPG
mm4.JPG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2491 times
mm3.jpg
mm3.jpg (1.18 MiB) Viewed 2491 times
mm2.jpg
mm2.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 2491 times
mm1.jpg
mm1.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 2491 times
John :wink:
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

palacebear wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:53 pm
geoberni wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:23 pm Perhaps a rebuild years ago and some latter bits got used.... although the wipers is a bit drastic presumably indicating that a latter body-shell was used... ummmm
Not impossible. IIRC one came up for sale at on-line auction last year and was discussed briefly on here. Quoted as 1959 with photo of an MA2S3 chassis plate. Listing stated words to the effect of: 'Rebuilt with 1967 body shell... etc'. It also had odd rear wings. One high-arch off a split-screen car and one later small-arch :D
I remember that one being discussed.
I suppose the only comparable thing is people restoring WWII aircraft and they get lots of wrecks and decide for themselves which serial number they're actually rebuilding.
But with cars, which are slightly easier to do it with, when does it become a bit of a 'Ringer'... I bet DVLA must have loads of rules about it what with restorations, kit cars etc .
Basil the 1955 series II

palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I've never been sure of where that thin line lies. My own Minor has a slight discrepancy which makes it's past history look rather suspect, although a leaf through It's history file reveals that the discrepancy was created in well-intentioned innocence, and has gone unquestioned for almost 30 years.

Drifting here but...

Back 'in the day' the old London Transport Board's bus fleet was almost entirely composed of ringers. Each bus was completely overhauled (body lifted off chassis; chassis stripped) every 3 to 5 years. Overhaul took 3 weeks for a chassis and 6 weeks for a body. Each bus going for overhaul was stripped of it's identity, which was then applied to the next bus completed and ready to leave the works again. No bus ever survived more than five years without a change of body/body number, chassis/chassis number, engine/engine number etc. Even reg.numbers got swapped between vehicles to save on road-tax costs during overhauls (no SORN in those days).
This procedure went unchallenged from the mid-1930's until the overhaul works at Chiswick and Aldenham closed around 1980. With a fleet, during the 1950's, averaging 5,000 identical double-deckers, that's a helluva lot of ringing potential! :D Only one ever got spotted. It had been sold to a film company in 1960 (for 'Summer Holiday') and the discrepancies were found by a customs official when the bus was being shipped to Europe.
1956 4-door called Max
BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)

Post by BrianHawley »

GavinL wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:03 pm At the Bristol car show at the Bath & West showground. Roadworthy, driven by a bearded chap in a tweed jacket.
Can we coin a new term “Rot Rod”?
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.