Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
sparesman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

DERBY CLUB OPEN DAY SUNDAY 7TH OCTOBER

Post by sparesman »

Are you coming to the club open day tomorrow at the club office at Derby ? Lots of spares , regalia and technical advice . Meet the club committee members and fellow club members. Open from 10.30am until about 3pm.
1934 Morris 10/4 in Dark Green / Black - BGO517
1953 S11 Traveller in Birch Grey - oldest survivor ? Export model now reg PPO924
1953 S11 Traveller in Black - 3rd oldest in UK PPX344
geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: DERBY CLUB OPEN DAY SUNDAY 7TH OCTOBER

Post by geoberni »

Planning to.
Last two Sunday outings have resulted in RAC taking me home, so need to break the sequence!!
Now have a full set of Ignition component spares in the car (well not actually a spare Dizzy, but just about everything except) :D
Basil the 1955 series II

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

geoberni wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:31 pm Planning to.
Last two Sunday outings have resulted in RAC taking me home, so need to break the sequence!!
Now have a full set of Ignition component spares in the car (well not actually a spare Dizzy, but just about everything except) :D
Didn't see you there today? Although I did spend a lot of the day in various conversations so apologies if I missed you and you were there. If you DIDN'T make it, proper bad luck to have issues three Sundays running - I'd suggest going out on a different day lol.

(Oh I added that pic you gave me, by the way. But the way the album sorts by time and date taken means it's the last image in the album. Good pic though, thanks for permission to use it :D )
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

We did get there.
Unfortunately I chickened out of coming over in Basil; we got about 6 miles down the road and I felt he wasn't quite right, a little bit hesitant on the throttle at about 40mph. Perhaps it was just me imagining things... but turned around, got home successfully under our own steam and swapped cars. :)
We got there in time for the Carb dismantling, which was great, since my past Carb experience in 70s/80s has been with Webbers and (as Phil pointed out in August) the Stromberg on my Viva.
We had a good look around, a cup of coffee, spoke to Bryan briefly, and then went off for a Pub lunch.

When we got home, I was straight off to the garage to try out my new Carb experience. Found it was pretty clean, but the Mixture was set with a Choke Stop that was badly adjusted, so out came the Colour Tune and set the mixture correctly.

So a successful visit to Derby and thanks to the Organisers for laying it on. (Now why haven't we got 'clap hands' or 'salute' smilies....) :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Clap Hands is now old hat the new in thing is Jazz Hands :roll:

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

philthehill wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 pm Clap Hands is now old hat the new in thing is Jazz Hands :roll:
Ha ha! Excellent! I'd better get jazz hands wipers for my old splittie too :lol: