I just do not believe some people!

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Chappers
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

I just do not believe some people!

Post by Chappers »

Took my wife out in Maisie today.
The car needed a run so we used it to run around town and had a good few hours driving about etc.

We parked up in a local car park so we could go and get some breakfast.

On arrival at the multi storey car park (one of those artistic, urban type photography moments?)
fullsizeoutput_577.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_577.jpeg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 5522 times
This is what we came back to!
Loads of empty spaces and this idiot in this abomination of a car, parks so close that I had to reverse out so my wife could get in the passenger side.
What is in the minds of these people? Of all the empty spaces in all the car parks of the world, this wombat parks next to Maisie - and they couldn't even park properly - strewth!
IMG_2512.jpg
IMG_2512.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 5522 times
Needless to say I left a rather terse note on the windscreen
IMG_2514.jpg
IMG_2514.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 5522 times
The space between the cars was smaller than it looks. I was rather infuriated to say the least!

So after much cursing, and checking for possible door knock or belt/handbag scrape damage, we continued with our drive-about and received a couple of comments about the car and had a good chat with a fellow enthusiast which made up for the parking idiot issue.

Ho hum!
geoberni
Minor Legend

Re: I just do not believe some people!

Post by geoberni »

No other explanation needed....
BMW.JPG
BMW.JPG (10.4 KiB) Viewed 5485 times
Basil the 1955 series II

alanworland
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by alanworland »

So damned annoying.
I know someone (!) who carries a tyre valve remover and in similar situations leaves a note saying 'perhaps you can reconsider your parking ability while you pump your tyre(s) back up'
Naughty, but satisfying.

Alan
Chappers
Minor Friendly

Post by Chappers »

I had a similar experience a few years ago with a brand new car that I only had for a couple of weeks. Parked in a huge Tesco car park near where I work to get some sarnies for my lunch. I parked the car in the middle of a huge carpark with at least 20 empty spaces in all directions.
I was in the store for less that ten minutes and when I came out-yes, you’ve guessed it-there was another car parked very, very close next to mine and no other cars in the area!
I felt like waiting and challenging the person when they came out and asking whether they had some sort of illness or perhaps lonely?
I didn’t understand it then and I just don’t understand it now.

In this latest incident with the Moggy, my wife got to the car a couple of minutes before me and she was fuming.....
If the owner of the other car had turned up there would have been a double verbal attack from both us with full broadsides.

Dear Mother......... :roll:
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

What you needed was a disposable wreck to park within an inch of the BMW. Lock and leave it, and see how the moron gets in when there's a pillar the other side... :lol: I think that geoberni has hit the nail firmly on the head.
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

geoberni wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:51 pm No other explanation needed....BMW.JPG
Doesn't that stand for Brains Made of Water?

morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

It seems to happen all the time. I picked up a new car and on the way home had to park in a car park which has about 100 spaces and there was only 6 cars parked in it and there was about 10 spaces both sided of my car with no cars in it when I came back quarter of an hour later a beat up old VW had parked next to mine almost touching my car.

leafie

Post by leafie »

On Thursday I took my wife's car for its first service at the main dealer, my appointment was 10.30 am. I arrived at 10.15 am. they knew I was going to wait for the car as it was supposed to take under an hour. After two hours I asked how much longer it was going to take, half an hour later I was told the car was ready. Went out to find it parked right up against a van on the near side with another car over the line and so close on the off side I couldn't even get down the side of the car to open the door. As I stood there one of their salesmen walked up and asked if there was a problem, " not if I climb over the car and can get in through the boot" he got in the next to mine and drove off. Thankfully there were no marks on the car, I think he got my death stare, can't wait until they ring me for the next service because I won't be going back.
LobbyLudd
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by LobbyLudd »

KeithL wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:09 pm
geoberni wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:51 pm No other explanation needed....BMW.JPG
Doesn't that stand for Brains Made of Water?
Also some have said it means their is a domination in some of these peoples attitude that it also means :-
I own a considerably "Bigger Monthly Wage" than yow !
'69 4 door saloon, traf: blue.

'LIFE'- is what happens when you are busy planning other things. John Lennon
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

The BMWs value is going down and the Morris Minors is going up :D

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Is it my imagination,or are Audi drivers outdoing BMW owners in the 'inconsiderate driver ' competition?
Incidentally, I recently read about a couple of pre war Austins who parked together in one space....tiny cars so all inside the lines. They payed for one ticket and both got fined!
I guess that technically you aren't renting the space?
leafie

Post by leafie »

SteveClem wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:06 pm Is it my imagination,or are Audi drivers outdoing BMW owners in the 'inconsiderate driver ' competition?
I don't think it's your imagination, on the motorway if your in the near side lane on the approach to an exit or in the third lane overtaking traffic the default position for an Audi driver seems to be two foot off your bumper. :o

I also love the ever popular cut across the front,brake and take the exit move. :evil:
BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)

Post by BrianHawley »

Several times I’ve been almost the only car in the car park and found someone parked next to me.

I think it’s because people drive in, notice an interesting car, so they park near it to take a look.

That’s fine and something of a compliment. Parking TOO close is a different matter of course and I think we all live in fear of the dreaded door strike.
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I've got an uninteresting car, and it happens to me. I think it's some sort of psychological thing, from our primitive origins. Safety in numbers :D

burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

I posted the message about the Austins. It was a few years back now we were on a club holiday to Cirencester, we found a car park which was nearly full but managed to park two short chassis sevens in one bay inside the designated lines. Both cars had paid the required amount and were displaying tickets. On our return there was two penalty tickets on the cars. After an acrimonious correspondence with the local council they grudgingly rescinded the fines but said if it happened again the fines would have to be paid. We have never visited Cirencester again if this is the way they treated their visitors.
[img]jpg[/img]
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

Hang on, you paid DOUBLE the required fee to use a space and the council said if you did it again the fine would stay? D'ya know, some call me a miserable old git and sometimes they're justified, but in that situation I'd have said to the council I didn't want their 'on this occasion' 'kindness' and that I'd like the option to go to court instead please. It's stories like this that make you want to be a Daily Mail reader lol!
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
leafie

Post by leafie »

Admin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:31 am Hang on, you paid DOUBLE the required fee to use a space and the council said if you did it again the fine would stay?
After 30 years in local government I'm sad to say in many areas a council are no longer there to help the community but to punish people where by doing so income generation has been identified.

It changed in Manchester about 15 years ago when highways inspectors and housing officers were told they are now multi disciplined and renamed "enforcement officers" the job title says it all. Glad to be out of it, it's not what I joined for. :(
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

17 years ago the first new car I bought the car was the only car in the car park and another car decided to park next to mine and ending up reversing into it and caused over £2000 of damage. Luckily they admitted it and claimed off their insurance.

viewsonic1
Minor Fan

Post by viewsonic1 »

It's not just car parks. Many years ago we parked on a beach in Cornwall (Carlyon Bay if my memory serves me right) and being the first to arrive, drove several yards away from the entrance road and parked facing the sea to enjoy the view. After possibly fifteen minutes, the VERY next car to arrive drove up to us and parked within less than a door's width next to us. What knuckle brains!
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

Yes we paid double the required amount !!!
[img]jpg[/img]