MM carpet colour

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
manlyvaleaussie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

MM carpet colour

Post by manlyvaleaussie »

According to Ray Newell (and who would doubt his word) my 1952 Series MM would have come with maroon carpet, however none of the suppliers I have tried have maroon, they all have red. Looking for advice. Thanks, Paul Follett. Yuma, Arizona. manlyvaleaussie
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: MM carpet colour

Post by palacebear »

I **think** you'd have to source Maroon as a special order from somewhere. Nobody seems to supply pre-made carpet sets in Maroon. Here in the UK my Series 2 saloon has a maroon interior. The carpets, renewed a long time ago as part of a very careful restoration, are definitely red (Cherokee red). I've looked into changing them but never been able to find maroon.
1956 4-door called Max
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Might it be worth trying a do-it-yourself approach with fabric dye?
seriesmm_1
Minor Fan

Post by seriesmm_1 »

Hi there,
I used coverdale carpets & got a pretty good match, give them a ring & they will send you a catalogue & you can choose the colour & they will send samples.I still had my original carpets so used them as a template, phone no 01942 255535 or go on the net
Hope this helps
BrianR

manlyvaleaussie
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by manlyvaleaussie »

Thanks to all for your help, I think I might have gotten lucky and found a supplier here in the U.S. who can supply in maroon, will let you know how it works out. Paul. manlyvaleaussie