Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Oldmogman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

MoT exemption letter in Minor Matters?

Post by Oldmogman »

I thought I saw a story in Minor Matters suggesting it's wise for driver's of MoT-exempt cars to carry an official letter explaining this, in the event of being stopped, and providing a link to the website to download it.

However, I've scoured the last two copies of Minor Matters but can't seem to find it. Or was I dreaming?!

Does anyone recall it, or could provide a link?
GavinL
Minor Fan

Re: MoT exemption letter in Minor Matters?

Post by GavinL »

Not sure about Minor Matters, but the letter from the Department for Transport can be found on the FBHVC website https://www.fbhvc.co.uk/uploads/files/D ... ration.pdf
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

There was a lack of clarity at the beginning of the exemption, but all concerned should be well aware of it by now and there should be no need to carry documents to prove the letter of the law.
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

I am going to tax an MOT exempt car tomorrow and I will advise on whether I am asked for the V112. I know I can do it online but I have to go to the Post Office anyway, as I have now cleared up the issue of first time free tax for newly exempt cars and I said I would let the person know in the Post Office (They don't get many through). Before you can get free tax, the log book has to be changed to Historic from PLG. That's why I couldn't tax my mothers 1978 car free online. It's four years since I did it with another car and I couldn't recall the process!!
Oldmogman
Minor Fan

Post by Oldmogman »

Thanks Gavin - much appreciated!
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

I taxed the car at the Post Office. The reminder stated I needed a V112 if taxing in the Post Office but the lady in the Post Office said that the system hadn't prompted her to ask for it.
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Got the final MOT for the fleet today... 5 cars,one a fortnight, no advisories. I’m well chuffed :D