Reregistration

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bescot
MMOC Member: No

Reregistration

Post by bescot »

Hi
I have recently aqquired a Morris Minor which has been off the road for 41 years it in good condition though
I’m looking to get it on the road and need to register it with its original reg number
Do I need to fill in the new registration form from DVLA as well as the V765 form
Any advise would be gratefully recieved
Bowie69
Minor Fan

Re: Reregistration

Post by Bowie69 »

Do you have the logbook/V5?
bescot

Post by bescot »

No I haven’t got any paper work only some tax discs from 1977/8
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

Have you been in touch with Rob Thomasson from the club, he deals with signing off paperwork on behalf of the club before it goes to DVLA Swansea. Once you have all the relevant paperwork you post it to him, he may arrange someone to visit and then Rob signs and stamps the V765. If you havent been in touch I suggest you call him, his phone number is in the front of Minor Matters.

Im afraid the rules regarding paperwork have changed and you are unlikely to get your original reg back with just old tax discs, they are now looking original paperwork that includes a chassis number, I think it has to be pre 1983 paperwork. Some old MOTS may have this. I recently have been through the whole procedure with an MM tourer and ended up with an age related reg for my car.

Another good source is the Kithead Trust who hold lots of old county registration documents, unfortunately for me the Scottish records only exist up until 1947.

let us know how you get on.

Too many Minors so little time.....
bescot

Post by bescot »

Hi thanks for the info I’ll do that. I’ve managed to acquire the original reg document from 77 now so hopefully that will help
dudload
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by dudload »

totally off topic, but got any pics of the car? has it been standing in a garage so in fairly good spec? good to see another morris coming on the road!!
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

check the reg number on reg document on the dvla site it may still be registered or hope not but now on a range rover or bently
bescot

Post by bescot »

I haven’t got any pics yet I’ll do some soon
The car was bought for my girlfriend to learn to drive in 77 and has been garaged since then It was restored by her father at some point so Its in good condition
bescot

Post by bescot »

It was built in 1959