Restoring Morris Pickup 1971

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
somerset
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Restoring Morris Pickup 1971

Post by somerset »

I have a pair of (light) blue seats that are available in Somerset. Can't see how to attach an image here but if you email me on a.cole757@btinternet.com I'll send a picture.
Alan Cole, Queen Camel, Somerset.
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

:D :D :D :D
Hi folks, boy I'm a happy guy, picking up seats Friday for Norman thanks to good member of the Mmoc I'm chuffed.
Carburettor all done. Brakes bled, Norman is finally nearly ready for that engine to start.
Jobs to do headlight, put back boards in. Clean engine bay,
Hang doors back on (after I get the following done)
Sound proof matting for floor
Carpet
Seats
And then we can start him, back into life ready for the painters....
Thanks for all advice received and encouragement over the latter weeks.
Hoping to show you Norman soon in all his glory and maybe at one of the shows.
:D Greenie :D
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

:D hi folks, greenies wife here.
Just want you to know we have had a wonderful weekend at Somerset. We
Are now the proud owners of two beautiful blue seats for Norman. It is with a lot of thanks to Mr.Alan Cole another member who contacted us. So we drove to Somerset and made the collection ,(very nice people Alan his wife sue and I got to meet Bailey their lovely chocolate Labrador)
We also made a visit to The Haynes Motor Museum WOW!!!!!! British in its glory, if you have not been then highly recommended... Over 300 vehicles on display including our humble Morris Minors brilliant.
Watch this space Greenie has done so well Norman gets even closer to being on the road .
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 3919 times
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

:D how you getting on with the jaguar?
mogbob wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:47 pm Hi Greenie ,
Cracking on still I see , even roped your wife in ! All hands to the pump. You've got a little diamond there , look after her.
We've got some cracking weather at the moment , so we haven't got that excuse not to get jobs done.
Had a day trip to Wiltshire yesterday with a mate to look over a Jaguar Mk2 3.4 'S' type. Hadn't moved for over 30 years and the thickness of the dust , matched the paint thickness. Not without it issues , mechanical , a mouse had chewed a hole in the rear seat , rust in the front valance, front wings , front jacking points and a small dent in the rear passenger door. He bought it , so it looks as though I'll being dusting down the welder and breaking out the bodywork hammers and dollies soon ! It's a big old lump , not quite so light as a Morris Minor.

Bob
mogbob
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by mogbob »

Apologies for delay in answering. My feet haven't touched the ground this last 8 days. Inundated by family from far and wide to help celebrate a half century Wedding Anniversary.

All gone quiet on the Jag front for the moment , the owner ( ? ) discovered he hadn't lodged Change of Ownership when he bought it from his mate 30 odd years ago. He's made application to the DVLA , so it might be some time before he can sign /hand it over to my pal. He's then got to get it transported back from Wiltshire.
Bob
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

:D
mogbob wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:18 am Apologies for delay in answering. My feet haven't touched the ground this last 8 days. Inundated by family from far and wide to help celebrate a half century Wedding Anniversary.

All gone quiet on the Jag front for the moment , the owner ( ? ) discovered he hadn't lodged Change of Ownership when he bought it from his mate 30 odd years ago. He's made application to the DVLA , so it might be some time before he can sign /hand it over to my pal. He's then got to get it transported back from Wiltshire.
Bob
Congrats on the 50th. And yes you've made history in itself there Bob, not many stay the course today, so well done.
I'm still waiting paperwork on Norman, and British Heritage Museum came up zilch, what they told me is what I had already found out. Never mind.
Still plodding on Norman gets even closer but I'm having to replace every nut bolt and washer springs and seals, after all he stood for 30 years.
Greenie
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Seats look very good have you any pictures of the Jaguar :)
Greenie
Minor Fan

Re: Restoring Morris Pickup 1971 Norman Fired up today

Post by Greenie »

:D :D :D :D
WELL, BIG CHEESY GRIN 😁 😁 TODAY FOLKS, I CRACKED NORMAN UP,, AND HE FIRED NICELY...
Still a bit to do but I just wanted to share that after 30 Years, Norman came back to life... WOW,,,,, I'm so chuffed, not bad for an 82 year old hey.... No leaks except exhaust manifold so bit tweaking didn't cough didn't splutter but purred....
Greenie

YEAH. I am in awe of my husband full of admiration, what an achievement I'm so proud.
Marilyn Greenie, s wife
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

irmscher wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:03 pm Seats look very good have you any pictures of the Jaguar :)
Jaguar not mine...... The Pickup is
Greenie
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

irmscher wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:03 pm Seats look very good have you any pictures of the Jaguar :)
Jaguar not mine..... Belongs to friend of mogbob . The Pickup is mine.
Greenie
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

This is a lovely story! Well done Mr and Mrs Greenie!
cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

Wow this is fabulous news to share :)
Morris Minors..... such fun :D
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Update on Norman, I'm longing to put more photos here but as yet not possible due to circumstances. However gearbox floor cover fitted. Floor cleaned wire brushed and then floor sealed.
THEN back of truck wire brushed and cleaned.
Front bumper chrome paste polished looking good.
Chrome hub caps all chrome pasted and polished.
Ooooo shiny shiny shiny.
Bought good set of moulded carpets and under lay. And I've cleaned the carpets.
I yet have more cleaning to do in the engine bay, but I'm pleased with what I've got done.
Greenie wife.
Hubby having a rest after working hard. All body parts wire brushed, primed, ready to go back on front end.
Norman is starting to look good.
Hopefully all carpets/underfelt/seats will be in this week.
Tyres all good so Norman standing well.
Watch this space jobs to do.
Oil conversion kit. Radiator to go on, then start Norman up for a run.
Greenie
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh boy folks, Hubby Fired Norman up today and with " Great Gusto" Norman fired into action with Ferocity and he ROARED LIKE A LION... this Pickup that has stood in Silence for actually nearly 40 Years, showed his appreciation of being once again much loved. Had the owner been alive to see it, he would so have admired the Man behind all the hard work that has taken place, I know I am.
We have this week replaced the gearbox housing cover, wired brushed the cab floor, and swept it clean. Sealed it. Filled the Master cylinder and bled the brakes, spot on, Norman responds well to the hard work being put into him.
Even the back of the truck has been wire brushed and cleaned. The doors are on, and close very well. I have cleaned the carpet set purchased with sound proofing both in very good condition, in fact nearly new.
The electrics have been sorted and all lamps work and the Horn, tooted with great joy.
The engine bay has yet to be cleaned and the front body work can start to go on.... Carpets will go in by mid week along with the beautiful blue seats, Norman gets ever closer to being driven on the road, the last time he was , 1980... oh boy...
He will have a new coat of paint, we don't want him to be concourse , Norman was and still is a workhorse, and that's how we want him...
Watch this space!!!! Soon very soon
Greenies Wife
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Brilliant! Looks like all your hard work and focus on breathing life back into 'Norman' is paying off.......
Look forward to hearing more - and some nice pics, of course :D
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Would you kindly pm me chassis/cab/engine number & wiper mtr date..or email me at ; minorlcvrecords@gmail.com

Thanks
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

Hi folks,
Brake system all in place and brakes bled all good. New carb, new filters, new oil filter, new radiator etc etc.. New exhaust, new fuel system what Norman needed I've replaced. And he purrs.
Responsive in all gears now I drove Norman forward and reverse in garage responds well, the first time in 40 years Norman not alone started but moved under his own power. So close now and I'm so proud of me and the misses.
Greenie
Greenie
Minor Fan

Post by Greenie »

POMMReg wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:28 am Would you kindly pm me chassis/cab/engine number & wiper mtr date..or email me at ; minorlcvrecords@gmail.com

Thanks
Very kind thanks, without prejudice we will decline.
Greenies wife
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Greenie wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:21 pm
POMMReg wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:28 am Would you kindly pm me chassis/cab/engine number & wiper mtr date..or email me at ; minorlcvrecords@gmail.com

Thanks
Very kind thanks, without prejudice we will decline.
Greenies wife
Weird how some enthusiasts are only too happy to help with my research, yet other's, like Mrs.G it's a slammed door!

Fair dunkum Mrs.G, may one of the greatest mysteries of the world - details of your '71 pickup - remain hidden for the next 2000yrs....locked away along with the holy grail, the ark of the covenant & Columbo's Y-fronts....

Seriously, no worries...🤐
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

Your request was quite direct and did come out of the blue. Your profile says you are not an MMOC member, and you give a non-MMOC e-mail address so I can see why someone might be reluctant to send that information if they don't know you. Perhaps if you had explained who you were and why you wanted the information you might have got a more positive response?