Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Andy Rose
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Logging into Message Board from my iPad

Post by Andy Rose »

Hi, I am experiencing a problem logging in to the message board from my iPad or iPhone. I have no problem with my desktop computer , but although I can log into the MMOC site with my portable devices, I am asked to register to go to the Members Only area. I use the same log on at home, and have also requested and received new passwords, but can't seem to have them accepted..I don't want to loose my access by changing things too much
Life is better in a Morrie
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Logging into Message Board from my iPad

Post by simmitc »

Can we just clarify, the main website www.mmoc.org.uk has a login facility, and this gives access to the Members' Area. The messageboard has a separate username and password that has to be entered in order to gain access. Is it that you can use both sites on your PC, but cannot use the messageboard on the iPad? This is usually down to passwords being saved on one device but not another.
Andy Rose
Minor Friendly

Post by Andy Rose »

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me..I can access the members area on my desk top Mac by using my user name and password, but when I try on my iPad or iPhone, it tells me that my password is incorrect.Regards andrew
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Before passing this over to Mike, one thought: Do you have special characters in your password, and could the keyboard layout on the devices be different? It's quite common for UK and US keyboards to get mixed up, which will, for example, swap " and @ keys, and other keys such as £, hash and pipe are also affected.
Andy Rose
Minor Friendly

Post by Andy Rose »

Hi, sorry to be such trouble. No, there are no special characters in my password..I tried to re- register for the notice board, but it won't let me, saying that my e-mail is already in use. Regards, Andrew
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

No need to apologise, I'll ask Mike (Admin) to have a look for you.
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

... and I'm afraid all I can do is pass it on myself, this time to Liz in the office. I handle queries related to the messageboard login, but the fact that you're able to post your question here suggests that that isn't what you have a problem with and it is only with the MMOC Members area, and that is the domain of the office. I'll ask them to have a look and get in touch with you directly.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
Andy Rose
Minor Friendly

Post by Andy Rose »

Hi Mike, it is the Message Board Log in that I have a problem with..works fine with my desk top,which I am using to chat with you, but I can't log in on my iPad or iPhone. Regards, Andrew
Andy Rose
Minor Friendly

Post by Andy Rose »

Mike, All good now..I asked for a new message board password a few days ago and tried it again.. must have been finger trouble at my end. Loged in with my iPad and then changed the password back to the same as my desktop.. Thanks very much for all of your help. By the way, your signature photo of your beautiful traveller and the Spitfire is great :D