Traveller load space cover and back door glass.

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
andrewe
MMOC Member: Yes

Traveller load space cover and back door glass.

Post by andrewe »

I do not think that travellers were ever produced with a load space cover, does anyone know of a supplier of after market ones please?

Secondly I would like to replace my 1970 traveller rear door glasses, can anyone supply mint used or new ones please?

Regards
Andrewe
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Re: Traveller load space cover and back door glass.

Post by Blaketon »

I'm not aware of a load cover ever being available. I am going to fit one to mine but I think I'll do some kind of roller blind type thing, so it won't take a lot of room when not covering the boot. My father was only saying this morning that he thinks you can get things like this made to order.

As to rear screens, I'd suggest https://www.morrisminorspares.com/body- ... ir-p829119 . They are best wired up via a relay and then you don't have to worry about streamed up rear windows.
Attachments
Rear glass.jpg
Rear glass.jpg (26.9 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
dudload
Minor Fan

Post by dudload »

on the rear windows, I've been thinking about doing this for a while. what other ancilliaries did you buy when installing yours? I'm assuming a switch and some wires, or does that come included with the windows on ESM?
Biggles1957
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Biggles1957 »

I fitted heated rear and front screens to my traveller and it was my only vehicle for several years and through some yucky weather/winters. Absolutely brilliant - I had an alternator of course to cope well with the additional load, wired the screens through a two way (centre off) switch so that I could select either front or rear but not both at once.
andrewe

Post by andrewe »

Thanks Blaketon.
As luck would have it my daughter is having some new roller blinds fitted today.
I have spoken to the "blind man" who thinks it is possible to make a sprung roller blind load space cover which will screw to the rear of the back seat along its top rail and unwind towards the back doors where two retaining hooks can be fitted onto the rear door hinge posts to secure the cover. All being kept secure and tight by the spring in the roller.
He is investigating the availability of 25mm diameter sprung rewind fittings which, when the cover is rolled up give a 50mm overall roll thickness which will fit within the rear seat top rail.

I shall report when more info is received.

Thanks for the info ref the rear door glass.

Regards
Andrewe
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

When I bought the heated windows, ESM just supplied the heated panes. Someone had fitted electric screen wash to my car (But left the manual pump in place), so I fitted a press switch (It's an historic Jaguar part) in place of the manual pump and fitted the rear screen switch below the right side of the dash (In place of the electric screen wash switch). The switch operates a relay, which sends current, via a fuse, to the rear of the car. It's not the best picture (It's a cropped section of an general engine view).
Attachments
Relay rear screen.jpg
Relay rear screen.jpg (21.42 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
twincamman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by twincamman »

How about using a timer relay. It works off a momentary switch and switches the HRW off after 10 mins.

https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/ ... tegory/210