Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
niftyrodman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Wing piping

Post by niftyrodman »

As I bought the Minor in pieces, I was not certain that the cars out of the factory had piping between the body and the front wings. Im inclined to think not, but would like to know. Thanks someone for the answer.
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: Wing piping

Post by ManyMinors »

The Series11 cars did have a plastic piping but I think it was dropped around the time that the Minor 1000 was introduced and replaced with a caulking seal instead - which is painted over. You should ensure that you leave a gap where the drain hole is stamped into the inner wing towards the rear.
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by palacebear »

Front wing piping was discontinued during Series 2 production... circa January 1955.
1956 4-door called Max
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by geoberni »

palacebear wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:17 am Front wing piping was discontinued during Series 2 production... circa January 1955.
Yes, Basil is March 55 and doesn't have any on the front, the wings being caulked or otherwise sealed to the inners.

Not that anything on Basil is guaranteed to be an 'original' feature.... :o
Basil the 1955 series II

niftyrodman
Minor Fan

Post by niftyrodman »

Thanks for the replies Seems optional. Rather the pipe than messy caulk. Took 4 wings boot and hood to sand blaster/etchcoater. Looking forward to see the results. Its a long road.