Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Daura58
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Grille Badges

Post by Daura58 »

Just thinking about grille badges and wondering what, if any, you guys have?

If you do have them, are you particular about the era? For example an AA grille badge number matching the year of your car?

Be interested to see what you all have!
KeithL
Minor Fan

Re: Grille Badges

Post by KeithL »

We have an AA badge which we matched as close as we could to early 1959 when our car was first registered. We also have a Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA) badge with a Queen's crown, again to match the era. A lot of these badges come with a King's crown, and indeed we had one of those for a while until we found the right one. We also have a National Trust badge which we cannot date, and a modern MMOC badge.

As an aside I put a thin piece of rubber behind each one to avoid marking the grill, and I do find that with three slats of the grill effectively held together you can get vibration when idling.
Attachments
IMG_20181211_102823430_HDR - Copy.jpg
IMG_20181211_102823430_HDR - Copy.jpg (525.44 KiB) Viewed 1385 times

Hastings
Minor Friendly

Post by Hastings »

KeithL wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:08 pm ...I do find that with three slats of the grill effectively held together you can get vibration when idling.
Sounds like I’ve saved myself a few quid, my grill vibrates like hell without any badges!
Chipper
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by Chipper »

Mine does too, sometimes! :roll: Perhaps the answer is to mount the grille on rubber washers, to cushion it a bit from direct metal-to-metal contact with the front panel...
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

I had an old AA badge on mine - but took it off and flogged it for beer money during desperate times! :(
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

My Traveller has an MMOC grill badge (Which I want to get around to fitting in a more permanent kind of way) and an MG Car Club window sticker. The two MGs have home made badge bars and used to have MG Car Club and Bugatti Owners Club badges. The latter was more a reflection on the fact that I used to compete at Prescott hillclimb, which happens to be the home of the BOC. I can't see me doing much of that in the future and I've not been in the BOC for some time. However the badges were still there. As the badge bars were made for the badges, they had integral brackets for them and the MMOC badges had different hole centres. Rather than spoil the chrome on the badge bar, I altered the badge and made up some small plates to cover the elongated holes. Anyway here's a before and after, before on the Midget, after on the V8.
Attachments
Badges.jpg
Badges.jpg (29.27 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG (154.19 KiB) Viewed 1230 times