Bojo the Cloan

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Banned User
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Bojo the Cloan

Post by Banned User »

les wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:06 pm Christopher Columbus didn’t know where he was going either, but it worked out in the end.
Yeah they've got voting sussed. :lol:
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

A gentle reminder that Ts&Cs do not allow politics, and this is starting to get a little "heavy". We are not going to re-run the debate. Have fun, but no insults etc. Thanks.
Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

:roll: Chill out
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I didn't quite understand the recent remark. Have I been insulted ?

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

les wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:38 pm I didn't quite understand the recent remark. Have I been insulted ?
I don't thing anyone has been insulted, except Boris, and surely he's fair game?

It's all harmless banter, isn't it? :-?
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

The problem with the Columbus analogy is that while it worked out for him, in those days plenty of ships sailed off into the blue yonder only to disappear without trace....
Nickol
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by Nickol »

..pity in some ways that he did not. The world might have been a better place. But then someone alse soon after would have also got the same idea.
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

ianmack wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:46 am The problem with the Columbus analogy is that while it worked out for him, in those days plenty of ships sailed off into the blue yonder only to disappear without trace....
I suppose my point is, if you don’t venture into the unknown, you don’t move on.

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

les wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:08 pm I suppose my point is, if you don’t venture into the unknown, you don’t move on.
One could argue that Minor owners aren’t really a good example.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

simmitc wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:06 pm A gentle reminder that Ts&Cs do not allow politics, and this is starting to get a little "heavy". We are not going to re-run the debate. Have fun, but no insults etc. Thanks.
Good point well presented etc, but just where are the T&C/Forum Rules hiding? They don't exactly make themselves obvious; I've tried looking for them several times....
Perhaps someone can point me at a link for them?
Basil the 1955 series II

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

geoberni wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:04 pm
Good point well presented etc, but just where are the T&C/Forum Rules hiding? They don't exactly make themselves obvious; I've tried looking for them several times....
I couldn’t find them either, they’re probably the ones that briefly appear when you sign up, no one reads them. :lol:
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

les wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:17 pm At least you’re optimistic about the planet surviving, when you mention a fifty year projection !
Well it is biologically possible that I could still be around in 50 years and my hope is that I can live out my days before things go too far down the pan :wink: . Ultimately I suspect Mother Nature will cut us down to size and I have often pondered whether the animals, assuming they survive, will ever ask each other "What happened to that **** lot (Or something to that effect)?"
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

PoolGuy wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:12 pm
geoberni wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:04 pm
I couldn’t find them either, they’re probably the ones that briefly appear when you sign up, no one reads them. :lol:
Yet another example of where this Message Board lets itself down, T&Cs that appear when you first apply, never to be found again..... :roll:

Doesn't take much, I was going to post an example screenshot, but apparently the Forum is throwing a tantrum and won't accept images this afternoon.... :evil:
Basil the 1955 series II

dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

Blaketon wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:50 pm
les wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:17 pm At least you’re optimistic about the planet surviving, when you mention a fifty year projection !
Well it is biologically possible that I could still be around in 50 years and my hope is that I can live out my days before things go too far down the pan :wink: . Ultimately I suspect Mother Nature will cut us down to size and I have often pondered whether the animals, assuming they survive, will ever ask each other "What happened to that **** lot (Or something to that effect)?"
I suspect you're right. Until recently in human terms plagues were relatively localized. Spanish flu killed more people than WW1 and hit both Europe and America - probably from troops going one way or another. Now any plague has the luxury of air travel and can cover most of the world in a few days. Ie before any quarantines can be put into effect.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

That’s one channel of oblivion, another, and in my view more likely, is the pollution of the planet, the amount of crap I’ve seen lately, all over the place, like horse sh-t in a farm yard, and young kids doing a lot of it, going by the botttles and sweet wrappers etc, they’re wrecking their own future, and everyone else’s. Where the hell are the parents, probably doing the same. Rivers are full of it, and other innocent species suffer. What a mess. Ive deleted the next bit, I may have gone a step too far! :D ———-look what you’ve started Chris !

Nickol
Minor Addict

Post by Nickol »

The Planet will always survive in as much that it will still exist and Support life. Whether human beings survive or not Long term is immaterial to the survival of the planet.
Even if all the nuclear bombs in the world went off at once and destoyed most of life on earth, in a Million years or so, life would return again in some form. Bearing in mind that the earth is 4,7 Billion years old, that is but a few seconds in comparision.

Be happy!
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Another optimist. :D

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

les wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:55 pm That’s one channel of oblivion, another, and in my view more likely, is the pollution of the planet, the amount of crap I’ve seen lately, all over the place, like horse sh-t in a farm yard, and young kids doing a lot of it, going by the botttles and sweet wrappers etc, they’re wrecking their own future, and everyone else’s. Where the hell are the parents, probably doing the same. Rivers are full of it, and other innocent species suffer. What a mess. Ive deleted the next bit, I may have gone a step too far! :D ———-look what you’ve started Chris !
I agree and when I mentioned Mother Nature, I would include what you say within that. It is fashionable to claim to be green but many of the so called initiatives you see are simply placebos. Where I live, there is recycling (Why not cut the amount of packaging and use paper bags, not plastic ones and what about 5p on old glass pop bottles?) but the local recycling centre is closed to those who don't arrive in a car :-? . As to electric cars, taking away the exhaust only moves the pollution elsewhere and the batteries don't grow on trees but it gives folk a reason, other than keeping up appearances, for buying a new car. In most cases, people are only green, so long as it doesn't inconvenience them or cramp their style. I think this still sums it up well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntbq1smn-OE . I enjoy my classic cars and enjoying the (Mostly local) countryside in them. That said, I cycle far more miles that I drive (Including the year I drove to half way down France and back) and I think I have only filled up a car once this year (Admittedly I am rather short on time to do much driving), though I hope to get in few miles next month. My cars, bought or inherited, will last me my lifetime and I still have the second car I ever owned, which I bought in 1984. It is not my intention to buy any more.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Anyone else notice chemists having "problems" with medicine suppliers?

My latest prescription was of a cheaper brand.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

Not had "anything for the weekend" for a while....

John :wink: