Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Hastings
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Flashing indicators and trafficators

Post by Hastings »

Further to all the info above, my trafficators do not go all the way up (and therefore do not light up) and neither do they go all the way back into the cavity. They do light up when i push them into 'full up' position though!

Does anyone here know of a way to fix this issue?
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Sounds like they need a good old clean up (including earths and the plunger rod) and light lubing on the hinges. After many years of neglect and being gunked up with clots of dried oil and road dirt they become sticky. If you have a spare battery you can play about with them until they flick up and drop down as they should. Check that they are aligned so that they don't catch on the edge of the slot when returning down.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I concur that a darn good clean will most likely sort them out.
See Section N30 but also P9 in the manual. P9 details the lubrication process, but it needs to be clean first.
Basil the 1955 series II

Hastings
Minor Friendly

Post by Hastings »

geoberni wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:39 pm I concur that a darn good clean will most likely sort them out.
See Section N30 but also P9 in the manual. P9 details the lubrication process, but it needs to be clean first.
myoldjalopy wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:18 pm Sounds like they need a good old clean up (including earths and the plunger rod) and light lubing on the hinges. After many years of neglect and being gunked up with clots of dried oil and road dirt they become sticky. If you have a spare battery you can play about with them until they flick up and drop down as they should. Check that they are aligned so that they don't catch on the edge of the slot when returning down.
Super, thank you both for your help.
Lewlo93
MMOC Member: No

Post by Lewlo93 »

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the input. I went for just fitting the trafficators and will in due course fit flashing festoon bulbs! Thanks to everyone for sharing their info!