1965 Black 2 Door Saloon.

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Wickham
MMOC Member: Yes

1965 Black 2 Door Saloon.

Post by Wickham »

I have just recently acquired myself a 1965 2 door saloon in black.

First registered in March 1965 in Roche, St Austell. She changed hands a couple of times, but still in the St Austell area. In February 1983 she was driven into a garage, where she remained until June 2017, when she was put back on the road, again in the St Austell area.

I first saw her listed on a well know online auction site in August of this year. I made contact with the seller, and the deal was done (bypassing the online auction site)

On the 2nd September, for the first time in her 54 year history 'CAF' left Cornwall on her long journey (on a trailer) to North Yorkshire, arriving at her new home on the morning of the 3rd.

Aside from a previously fitted new exhaust, fuel pump, water pump & hoses, plugs & leads, air filter and a few others bits 'CAF' is amazingly original, there is even an empty Wills Bristol cigarette box in the passenger glove box, along with both ashtrays full of cigarette ends (the fag ends have since been removed), the back seat looks to have hardly been sat on!!

As time away from work has permitted I have fitted a new battery, changed fluids, oil and greased various moving parts & given her a good looking over. Last saturday I final got round to starting her, and she fired up after a couple of revolutions!!.

We took her on a test run that afternoon, and she performed well, although that said she is idling a little high at the moment. As it is over 20 years since I last drove a Minor, I had forgotten just how much fun they are to drive, and how much more you actually have to drive them than you do a modern car. I absolutely love her to pieces!!

I have attached a couple of shots of CAF ( I will add some interior images later), and as you can see she has a good patina. She will keep me busy for a while I think!!!

Wickham
Attachments
IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG (660.69 KiB) Viewed 664 times
2YmcxAOWRKev3Gg72c1BpA.jpg
2YmcxAOWRKev3Gg72c1BpA.jpg (3.78 MiB) Viewed 664 times
O2mPlrnPTHmJp0dyaLbuFQ.jpg
O2mPlrnPTHmJp0dyaLbuFQ.jpg (4.32 MiB) Viewed 664 times
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Re: 1965 Black 2 Door Saloon.

Post by jagnut66 »

Good on you for reviving her, now enjoy. The respray can happen when you can afford it!
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

She does look the business, I also own a 65 2 door in smoke grey blue.
Keep that fag packet though, placed on top of the dash when you park up.
Get yourself a disklok, clumsy, irritating to fit and remove and they take up space, but really effective at putting off scroats.
The wheels look freshly painted, if you paint the grill with the same she wont need a respray, just a good polish.
As for driving them, the missus has a new motor and I use an old Honda for work, but the best drive without doubt is in Doris.
I shall keep an eye open for you, Im not too far away at Teesside airport.
Where angels fear to tread
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

AF - Cornish registration. Look after the old girl - I'm sure you will - she might be feeling a bit dis-orientated now she's emigrated to England! :wink: