Does anyone recognise this car part?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Chief
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Does anyone recognise this car part?

Post by Chief »

Along with some other parts we recently came into pocession of this, and wondered if anyone knew what car it came from? It appears like it should have a handle attached.
Wondered if it's some kind of parcel shelf or a convertible roof, also sorry if the images are loading out of order like they are for me.
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0241.JPG (2.27 MiB) Viewed 1358 times
IMG_0239.JPG
IMG_0239.JPG (925.46 KiB) Viewed 1358 times
IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_0240.JPG (1.54 MiB) Viewed 1358 times
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 1358 times
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Does anyone recognise this car part?

Post by ManyMinors »

It could be half of the headlining from an old (1960s) Mini. They had a front and a rear section. The holes will be where an interior light was fitted.
Chief
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Does anyone recognise this car part?

Post by Chief »

I never thought of it being headlining simply because I've only ever seen either just fabric headlinings or the more modern huge polystyrene sheet lined with fabric.

Looking on eBay it looks like it may be either the mk1 or from a mk2 estate or van due to the amount of stitched panels, and the only kind I can find in this fabric pattern is from a mk2 (but alot cleaner than this one :lol:).

So, yes I reckon you're spot on in suggesting that it's from a Mini (or maybe an Elf/Hornet? - I don't know how many parts are interchangable).