Everyday Modifications For Your Morris Minor.

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Everyday Modifications For Your Morris Minor.

Post by philthehill »

Just received my copy of Matt Tomkins book Everyday Modifications For Your Morris Minor direct from the publisher.
An easy read with lots of good ideas.
Phil

Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Re: Everyday Modifications For Your Morris Minor.

Post by Myrtles Man »

Wow Phil - you thinking of doing some modifications to your car then? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dusty56
Minor Friendly

Post by Dusty56 »

An excellent book.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

What makes you think that my car is modified ? :D :D

Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Well, looking closely at your signature picture, I think I may be right in saying that it appears to have a non-standard paint job. 8)
Giovanni
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by Giovanni »

After waiting over 6 months I have also received a copy of the book Every Day Modifications for Your Morris Minor and I was rather disappointed with it. Although the book provided some suggestions with colour pictures there wasn’t enough detail to provide information on what specific actions were required for the actual modifications. This forum provides far more information than the book does.
Grumpy21
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by Grumpy21 »

Just ordered a copy from Amazon at £15.99.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Giovanni
Whilst I agree with you in some respect - It does say in Part One - The Basics - Introduction - that the contents of the book are an introduction to the various modifications rather than providing detailed step by step instructions in every case.
In most cases the supplier of the modification kits provides the detailed installation instructions.
The above is spelt out in the open link below:-
https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/ ... frontcover
Phil

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Looks interesting, so just ordered my copy.
I wonder how many I've already done?.............. :wink:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

I've ordered a copy. Yes I am a bit of a puritan regarding modifications but nonetheless I have done a few and it will be an interesting read no doubt.

Stephen
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen
svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

I received my copy of the book and I have started what is already an enjoyable read and very well written. I had not realised that this book is suitable for any Morris Minor owner and not just those keen to modify. For instance, there is plenty of information on basic maintenance and about both unleaded and ethanol containing fuels and what to do about that. I am really pleased that the author urges the reader to get their car working in excellent condition in original specification before deciding whether they really want/need to modify. This is exactly my point of view. Too often people rush to modify because they have never experienced what the car should be like running in good order.

Stephen
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

My Minor was purchased with 40k on the clock I have known the car since new) and I ran it near standard trim till it had done 80k.
Modification were carried out as the original parts wore out and over a 40k period.
Only when it became very fast and a magnet for boy racers to challenge did I take it off the road and then I started to do some serious modifications.
Over the years many of the modifications in the book I have carried out. The book is still a good read though, especially the part about E10, E5 and other fuels.
As much as anything I was interested in Matt Tomkins view/take on the modifications put forward in the book.
Tongue in cheek - I suppose I could write a 'Not Everyday Modifications For Your Morris Minor' as a counterfoil. :wink: