I just need to vent. I apologise.

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
pyebibby
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: I just need to vent. I apologise.

Post by pyebibby »

18 year old Morris Driver
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Lovely idea but a bit far to go for a driving lesson - Halesowen > Taunton :o :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
KatiePotatie
Minor Fan

Post by KatiePotatie »

Plenty of practice time before & after lessons getting there & back though :lol: :lol: :lol:
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

:lol: you'd spend your life on the road! Very good driving practice though :wink: I learnt to drive by always getting to the drivers seat first My Mother only got her car back when I'd passed my test - and then she only had it in the daytime - I reclaimed it in the evenings :oops:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
melanddoug
Minor Fan

Post by melanddoug »

KatiePotatie wrote:
Maybe I ask for too much! :roll:
Absolutely not !!

I had an instructor who shouted at me, kept telling me what I'm doing wrong (not what i'm doing right)- all discouragement, and no encouragement, and he had a major BO issue. Yuck. He didn't last long.

Driving is one skill. Teaching is another skill.

For the teacher: if your student isn't learning, then you're not teaching effectively.
Switching back to your previous instructor sounds like an excellent plan.

Being relaxed when driving is very important - especially if you're hoping to enjoy driving your moggy! :D
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

There is no substitute for putting on the miles, driving the car at every opportunity.
I let my daughter do all the driving on a 2 week holiday in Cornwall, except the journeys there and back with the trailer. I took her down every nasty, twisty, hilly road and lane that I could find and then from the Lizard to Kingsbridge in Devon, and back. She had some lessons to learn how to pass the test which she did first time
[sig]3580[/sig]
phurn
Minor Fan

Post by phurn »

your not far from me, so if you want ill pm you the number of my old instructor, dudes names andy, nice guy and has a very high pass rate. hes probably closer to you than me anyway, hes from wolverhampton way somewhere!