Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
PaulJohnson
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

More Air On The Windscreen

Post by PaulJohnson »

:lol: Hello Everyone
Here a good idea to help clear all that steam of your front windscreen and it will only cost you about 99p to do so.

Its a simple idea all you will need is a car sponge and a tube of glue.

Firstly have the air-flow setting on (SCREEN) if you look up the main air hole ( above the switch)you will see the gap where the air comes out.

(Now come's the Blue Peter Bit)

With some sharp scissors cut of a piece of the car sponge to fit the same size as the hole (if you find this hard ask a adult) then carefully glue one side of the sponge and then glue the black plate inside the demister box, carefully press the sponge down for about 30 seconds until the sponge is fixed into place.

On the 20th of December (Olive) my moggy went from Sheffield to Stoke (Port Vale .V. BLACKPOOL FC).
In the driving rain, fog and gales the new system worked well, I will say now that with 2 people in the car it did not clear the rear window fully, but the front windsceen and the side windows were 100% clear so with this new system you should get about 30-40% more air thought your screen air-outlets.

:wink:
brixtonmorris
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by brixtonmorris »

i found that disconnecting the air intake pipe form the heater, and fill it with material, to stop air flowing along the tube. hook the tube up under somwhere, dont re connect it.
then run the heater, circulating the warmer air from inside the car rather then cool air from outside. this also help to stop sucking in other peoples exhaust while sitting in traffic. this is like the earlier minor system.