Bluey the 2 door 69 trafalgar blue minor restoration

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ssnjimb
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Bluey the 2 door 69 trafalgar blue minor restoration

Post by ssnjimb »

Hi Folks

After decideing to keep bluey after a discussion on this board iam starting a restoration log.

As you will see there is only one picture to start with. I will add more tomorrow (sunday when i get my digital camera out)

The main focus of the resto is the floor. It needs some welding.

As you sill see the front wings are fibreglass (ewww) that i have painted with spray cans as i could not stand having a blue car with white wings it looked like i had driven into b and q and knocked over a stack of white paint.

The interior will be removed in its entirety after christmas leaving the drivers seat so that i can drive it to the welder.

More info to follow

Jamie :)<br>Image<br><br>Image<br>
I own a 1974 MG Midget 1275 in Teal Blue "Midget" is what we call him and he is in very good to excellant condition "midget" is a Chrome bumper/Round Wheel arch model.
andrew.searston
Minor Addict

Post by andrew.searston »

doesnt look to bad
you can improve the body work by cutting back the bad paint with t cut or similar and the polish it. make sure you wash it first to get rid of the grit
bit of work mind but good results
[sig]9671[/sig]
ssnjimb
Minor Fan

Post by ssnjimb »

kool thanks. its underneath where its bad but it isnt really that bad according to my friend who is a welder

Jamie
I own a 1974 MG Midget 1275 in Teal Blue "Midget" is what we call him and he is in very good to excellant condition "midget" is a Chrome bumper/Round Wheel arch model.
linearaudio

Post by linearaudio »

Whats wrong with the fibreglass wings? Mine has them all round, I have no worries about them!
andrew.searston
Minor Addict

Post by andrew.searston »

i have a fibre glass front wings and front bumper and a fibre glass rear bumper.
ive found that the front wings have a slightly rippaly affect to them at certain angles.
and i almost forgot a fibre glass sunvisor.
[sig]9671[/sig]
pjh56
Minor Legend

Post by pjh56 »

I have a fibreglass rear bumper and i've noticed that it's gone slightly crazed, but you have to get up really close to notice.

My 1970 2 door saloon Trafalgar Blue