Restorations wanted for magazine features

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
RobHawkins
MMOC Member: No

Restorations wanted for magazine features

Post by RobHawkins »

I am a freelance motoring journalist working for Classic Car World and am looking for anyone interested in having their Morris Minor featured. I'm looking for owner restored Minors (any model) with plenty of photos of the restoration. Please call me on 0113 217 9764 if you are interested or email me. Many thanks. Rob Hawkins.
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

you can do one on mine
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

What's in it for the owner of the car featured?
The magazine makes money, the photographer does, any 'models' do, but does the guy who gave up his time to provide his car for a photo shoot?
I'm playing devils advocate here, as most folk are more than delighted to get their car featured.
Here's an example of being taken for a ride:
My friend was asked by a professional photographer to bring his bike to his studio for a photo shoot with a most attractive young lady. He took time off work, spent a fair bit of time at the shoot, then asked the photographer for some photos - response - It'll cost you.
Well, without his bike there would have been no photo shoot. Needless to say, this photographer gets the cold shoulder from us now, but my mate's bike has appeared in mags all over the world - fair?
Just food for thought.

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

Good point Pete - Know what you're walking into first eh?
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
ADO16
Minor Fan

Re: Restorations wanted for magazine features

Post by ADO16 »

RobHawkins wrote:I am a freelance motoring journalist working for Classic Car World and am looking for anyone interested in having their Morris Minor featured. I'm looking for owner restored Minors (any model) with plenty of photos of the restoration. Please call me on 0113 217 9764 if you are interested or email me. Many thanks. Rob Hawkins.
Rob,

What's your budget like? Can you hop on a plane and fly out to Washington State USA and do a feature on a guy (a friend of mine) that is trying to complete his collection of Morris Minors? PM me if you would be interested and I will tell you the story that goes along with it.

Thanks,

Steve
RobHawkins

Post by RobHawkins »

Thanks for all your replies. I can understand Pete's comments and that is why I always provide a CD of photos for free to all concerned whenever I photograph a car. Each restoration feature is spread across two issues of the magazine and will cover roughly 4-5 pages each issue. Plenty of photos of the restoration are essential.
I'm based in Leeds and sadly, there's no budget to travel to USA Steve. However, I'm not afraid of driving, but any Minors up North are more feasible to cover.
I appreciate I earn a living from photographing someone's car, so I always try to make the effort to travel to the owner's home, will pay for food on the day and always provide a CD of the photos taken.
Hope this helps for anyone interested.
dave220452
Minor Friendly

Post by dave220452 »

If you are still looking for photo,s of a morris minor restoration project e-mail me at dave220452@live co.uk
I have a lot of photo,s of one of my cars.

Best Regards
David
Dave
1mustard
Minor Fan

Post by 1mustard »

if your still looking for resto projects, i am just painting mine and i have loads of photos from the last 8 months, let me know cheers, ps i have a traveller 66.