my wifes new car

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Adrian harrison
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

my wifes new car

Post by Adrian harrison »

last week my wife and i picked her new project car . here are a few pictures of the minor[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

My wife allways wanted a morris and we come upon this one by the road side for sale . we where not looking for a morris at the time but there it was

as you can see from the pictures it need new sill's and also the floors have had a few patches over the years and now they need a few more . so i will just replace them with some new ones

The minor will be kept mostly as standard as it will be a little run around , so no need for bigger brakes

Adrian
Dryad
Minor Addict

Re: my wifes new car

Post by Dryad »

Looks like very standard Minor rot. I would start with repair/replace the sills and boxing panels. Is that a pile of pidgeon poo in the back?!

Adrian harrison
Minor Friendly

no that would be the mice that had used it as a house for the last 11 years .

the sill's will be the first thing to be fixed , as you say good starting point
edjones
Minor Friendly

Post by edjones »

Good project :D

Hope the mice have been evicted :wink:
Adrian harrison
Minor Friendly

the first new panel for the minor was delivered today and i am very happy with the quality of the metal :D , i was not expecting it to be suck a heavy gauge . I am also thinking about stick welding it in place as it is so thick as i have a welder that can weld on a low amp , and the stick are free :)

so the hard work is about to begin . I have never been so determined to get a car back on the road , as ever one who has see her as asked, why are you bothering. just wait and see :D[frame]Image[/frame]
Last edited by Adrian harrison on Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

If you are up to coded welding standards and the metal you are going to attach to is all as thick as the new bit then go for it!

Free stick is definately the right price :D .

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
Adrian harrison
Minor Friendly

I very nearly became a coded welder , but that was a few years ago. I think a bit of practice and i should be fine :)