Discuss Electrical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
sloopjohnrb
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Peasouper

Post by sloopjohnrb »

Initially, thanks to everone who helped with my starting problems "Bright Sparks Needed"- The info was very valuable and led to the problem being cured.

Now, I am thinking of fitting a rear Fog-light to my Moggie, for safety reasons, but I need help.
1. Has anyone fitted one to their Moggie before and what are the pitfalls?

2. A DIY fog lamp kit seems necesary-any kits that you would recommend?

3. Is it feasible to do it oneself or better to pay for an auto electrician to fit it?

I live near the coast, so we do get a lot of mist and fog here, and I'm worried that some idiot, driving too fast, will run into the back of me as Moggie's only have 2 small tail lights.
Thanks again , everyone
Cam
MMOC Member: No

Post by Cam »

Hi,

I don't think that there are many pitfalls to fitting a rear fog light, as it is quite a simple job.

All you really need is the lamp & mountings, an illuminated switch (or separate switch and warning lamp), some suitable wire, and some suitable connectors.

It is very feasable to do it oneself, although if you do not feel confident then a (good) auto-electrician will, but at a cost.

But, like a lot of jobs on the Moggy, if you apply a common sense logical approach, then it usually turns out to be quite simple really, it's just a matter of confidence!

If you do do the job yourself then you have the added satisfaction of saying 'yep, I did that', then your confidence grows and you find yourself tackling bigger jobs and saving more money!

Good Luck! :wink:

Cam. :D