Post details of Rallies, road runs and other events here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
gereidy
MMOC Member: No

Catton hall rally field

Post by gereidy »

Hi All
Has anyone from the club checked out the rally field to see if it is in any fit state to drive cars and caravans/trailer tents on?
Regards for now
Glenn
P.S. Got stuck on a field last weekend at the Lymm transport day.
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Catton hall rally field

Post by simmitc »

The advance party of the team are on site now (Wednesday), with more gathering on Thursday. If there are any issues then I'm sure that they will be advertised; but generally speaking MMOC rally sites are selected with good drainage. One year when the entrance was waterlogged the Club's insurers (Footman James) paid for an instant roadway to be laid. Plan for the rally to be held as advertised and that all will be well.
MinorMagic

Post by MinorMagic »

Hello everyone

Looking forward to the rally this year. Travelled all the way from Australia to be at the 40th anniversary. There will be 4 of us in our party attending the rally. Not sure if anyone else is coming over as well but no doubt there will be. Hoping the weather holds out and everyone has a great time

Cheers

Darren
AliceDurose
Minor Friendly

Post by AliceDurose »

I've never been to a Rally at Catton Hall, but I have been to Bloodstock (a Heavy Metal Festival) there 5 times, and for the last 3 years I've worked the festival. The site is huge so I'm not entirely where on the Park we will be in relation to the festivals layout, but the ground is usually very firm and pretty reliable. A lot better than other festivals I work at. But there is a river running through the site, so fingers crossed that's not causing any problems. It might also pay, if anyone's camping and prone to insect bites (like myself sadly) bring some repellent or a citronella wristband, as if we are anywhere near the river, its feeding time at the zoo.

MinorMagic

Post by MinorMagic »

Went there this afternoon just after a massive downpour. Hope it fines up for tomorrow