Post by geoberni »

Interesting :tu1:
Basil the 1955 series II

neilmorey
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Membership benefits - Esso Fuel Card

Post by neilmorey »

KeithL wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:20 am Has anyone used their Fuelpecker card in February?
My card has a Feb expiry date so still working. I used it on Monday and the money came off my bank account on Wednesday which is pretty speedy for Fuelpecker I thought.

Will give it another week before asking about a replacement card.
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

I chased Fuelpecker again last week and got this response:

Thank you for reaching out to us again.

Fuelpecker is not issuing any new or replacement cards pending the new proposition.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in supplying you with a replacement Fuelpecker fuel card. As mentioned previously, we have some exciting news on the horizon (and some double discounts) that we cannot wait to share with you. While we can't provide specific details just yet, we want to express our gratitude for your continued support.

Thank you for being a valued FuelPecker customer and we look forward to sharing our exciting news with you in the next few weeks.

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

KeithL wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:16 pm I chased Fuelpecker again last week and got this response:

Thank you for reaching out to us again.

Fuelpecker is not issuing any new or replacement cards pending the new proposition.

We sincerely apologize for the delay in supplying you with a replacement Fuelpecker fuel card. As mentioned previously, we have some exciting news on the horizon (and some double discounts) that we cannot wait to share with you. While we can't provide specific details just yet, we want to express our gratitude for your continued support.

Thank you for being a valued FuelPecker customer and we look forward to sharing our exciting news with you in the next few weeks.
I got the same today, after asking them for an update.
Presumably frustrating for them as they are loosing money with card not being in use.
But certainly a poor business model if they can't get it sorted out.
Do they really thing insincere platitudes at the press of a particular key option do any good.
Basil the 1955 series II

pgp001
Minor Addict

Post by pgp001 »

I tried to use my Fuelpecker card last Tuesday and it was declined three times so had to pay on my debit card.
Having just seen this post I have checked my card and its expiry date is 03/24 so should still be valid.

I had no idea this was going on, hopefully some better news soon.
Phil P
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

I've had mine declined in the past and was told by Fuelpecker "This was due to network issues". It was fine next time I tried to use it.

KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

Just had the debit appear on my credit card and the discount was only 4p/l not 5p/l. Before I raised it with Fuelpecker I thought I would check the current discounts and sure enough they have reduced:
Attachments
Screen Shot 02-23-24 at 07.57 AM 001.JPG
Screen Shot 02-23-24 at 07.57 AM 001.JPG (18.39 KiB) Viewed 723 times
Screen Shot 02-23-24 at 07.57 AM.JPG
Screen Shot 02-23-24 at 07.57 AM.JPG (44.84 KiB) Viewed 723 times

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

KeithL wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:59 am Just had the debit appear on my credit card and the discount was only 4p/l not 5p/l. Before I raised it with Fuelpecker I thought I would check the current discounts and sure enough they have reduced:
That's changed in the past few weeks, because I checked it when I first contacted them about the Card expiry.
Probably part of the renegotiation with WEX.
As I have a Blue Light Card/Defence Discount Card, I was recently able to get a card direct from WEX, and that's the rates they offer.

The FuelPecker still has a slight advantage as it offers the additional couple of pence at Motorway sites and the 1p at Shell.

The Card I've got direct from WEX is the same rate wherever the ESSO is and nothing at Shell.
On the Plus side, the WEX will allow the use of a Credit Card whereas if memory serves correctly, it's just a Debit Card with FuelPecker.
I'm still hopeful that FuelPecker will sort their life out as it'll mean my wife and I can carry a card each, instead of remembering to get it off each other... :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Update:
Just had a Text from FuelPecker
So much for the Exciting News they expected.
We want to inform you that Fuelpecker will be closing, resulting in the cancellation of your card on 6th March.

As a valued customer, we are excited to offer you discounted fuel through the Esso Card with WEX. Sign up now to enjoy double discounts until 16th April.

Thank you for being a loyal Fuelpecker customer and we hope you will continue your journey with WEX.

https://wex.essocard.com/user/register?fuelpecker
I just tried the link and it has crashed presumably from the numbers trying to apply.
Basil the 1955 series II

KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

I've got the same text.

neilmorey
Minor Fan

Post by neilmorey »

I followed the link in the text early yesterday and managed to register for the new card, think it was up to 14 days for delivery.
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

I managed to register as well but now it won't allow me to log back into my account! Maybe I need to wait until they issue a card.

KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

My new Esso card arrived today and earlier I used it successfully. As @geoberni said the new card only gives you 3p-6p discount at any Esso station. Nothing extra on the motorway and nothing for Shell.

As regards being unable to log on to my account the help desk suggested I change my password. Of course to do that you have to log on.... The help desk then sent me a link which took me straight to the change password option, but I had to run it in Incognito mode on Google Chrome, and it worked fine. I still couldn't log on though. For fun I tried logging on in Incognito mode and it worked. I am hoping the helpdesk will be able to sort this but in the meantime if anyone else is in this position then give Incognito mode a try.
Attachments
Screen Shot 02-29-24 at 02.58 PM.JPG
Screen Shot 02-29-24 at 02.58 PM.JPG (34.36 KiB) Viewed 615 times

KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

An update. My receipt has just arrived for my recent purchase and I did get my double discount (8p/litre in this case) as promised in the final Fuelpecker e-mail.

KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

KeithL wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:09 pm I still couldn't log on though.
Sorted this. The helpdesk suggested clearing the browser cache which doesn't work. However, if you clear the cookies it does work.