Latest Convertible?

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
svenedin
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Latest Convertible?

Post by svenedin »

Brownowl wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:44 pm
les wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:40 pm Too much information on a public forum, re numbers. There are bad people out there.
Pardon my ignorance but what use are those numbers to someone else?
Faking a car?
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen
Brownowl
Minor Friendly

Post by Brownowl »

Yes, but one doesn't need specifics. It's easy to find a kosher number plate, plus lots of other numbers and cobble something together. I don't think it matters if they are real or not.

Cheers, Laurie.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Personal information about oneself or possessions can lead to all manner of misuse, look how many scams are out there, and the reason they are out there is because scammers know that people can be careless with their details. Of course, having pointed this out you are at liberty to publish what you see fit. However my views are based on awareness of the world we live in.

Brownowl
Minor Friendly

Post by Brownowl »

I entirely agree, and you're right to warn as you did, as these scumbags are all over the place. However, in this case, I, personally, can't see what use such information is to a scammer, so I'm ok with it.

Cheers, Laurie.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I just used scammers as an example of dodgy folk, there are many others types that need watching. However happy motoring with your new purchase, enjoy !