Searching for Morris Minor (originally pale blue, then black, now possibly ex police colours) WRA466F

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Grace44
MMOC Member: No

Searching for Morris Minor (originally pale blue, then black, now possibly ex police colours) WRA466F

Post by Grace44 »

Hello, I am hoping someone here might be able to help.

I am searching for my late Mum’s Morris Minor registration number WRA466F. It was originally pale blue but we discovered years later (after it had been sold) that the colour had been changed to black.

My search online so far indicates that our beloved family moggy is possibly still going and it would mean so much to find out where it is / current owner.

My Mum owned the car for a good 30 years before it was sold on and we have so many happy family memories. Thank you in advance for any information or advice.

EDIT: discovered that Moggy was returned to original pale blue / ex police colours during 2020 and (possibly) last sold in August 2020
Attachments
IMG_0513.png
IMG_0513.png (925.75 KiB) Viewed 2212 times
Last edited by Grace44 on Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Searching for Morris Minor (originally pale blue, now black) WRA466F

Post by geoberni »

Hi Grace,
Well you're luck is certainly still with you, see this post from 2019:
viewtopic.php?t=70835

The Originator, Gareth, was only a fleeting visitor like yourself, but if he's got account notifications enabled, you might be able to contact him via his profile.
Basil the 1955 series II

Grace44

Post by Grace44 »

Hello Geoberni, thank you so much for your quick response. I managed to track down Gareth and he kindly shared that a friend of his had it a while ago, didn’t keep it and sold it on EBay. He said it was then back up on EBay a few weeks after that and sold.
The trail then goes goes cold. It would mean so much to me to reunite with Moggy. Any ideas or advice would be wonderful.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Grace, you can also try the Club's Office in Derby 01332 291 675 and see if they have a current record. That will only help if the current owner has joined the Club, but it's worth a try.
Grace44

Post by Grace44 »

simmitc thank you! I made contact this afternoon and spoke with a lovely lady Liz who signposted some forums and took my details incase any info comes her way. Thank you!
Grace44

Re: Searching for Morris Minor (originally pale blue, then black, now possibly ex police colours) WRA466F

Post by Grace44 »

Update: traced Moggy‘s journey up to August 2020 - advised that she was sold to someone in the Chester area (still in ex police colours at that point). No further leads at present but I’m still looking.
Chief
Minor Addict

Re: Searching for Morris Minor (originally pale blue, then black, now possibly ex police colours) WRA466F

Post by Chief »

Change of last log book, 9th Sep. 2020.

Taxed until 1st Sep. 2023.

So if it gets taxed again and the log book doesn't change again it's likely still with the same owner.

(https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/)
Grace44

Post by Grace44 »

Chief, thank you! I appreciate your help.