Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

West Riding Classic Cars (WRCC) Parts/Spares

Post by geoberni »

So, I know some elements of the Club are a bit tetchy when it comes to mention of Minor Matters advertisers, but everyone should know about a conversation I had with WRCC this morning.

Yesterday, I was looking on the internet for a Master Cylinder and settled on ordering one from WRCC.
All went well until I went to Checkout the Basket and the Checkout page was corrupted.
If you look closely, you'll see the vertical text reads First Name and Last Name.
It was late in the afternoon, about 4:40 but I emailed them about the problem.
It was definitely at their end, as I got the same issue with it on both my computer and my phone.
WRCC Shop.JPG
WRCC Shop.JPG (65.39 KiB) Viewed 2092 times
This morning it was still not working so at about 10:30 I called them.
Cutting our short conversation down to a summary, the guy said that as they were having so much trouble keeping up with price changes in a volatile market place, they weren't really bothering with the shop these past few months. But if I wanted one of the bigger ticket items, i.e. not nuts, bolts, washers then he could get me a price.
He noted my suggestion that perhaps the shop should be removed from their website then, since I'd wasted my time looking at it and placing things in the 'Basket' and then waiting for a response this morning.
He said he was busy for the next half an hour, but if I emailed him he'd come back to be with a quote.
I emailed him at around 10:45.
There's still no reply and it's almost 14:45.

I've now ordered one from ESM, via their ebay listings; it's cost me £92 in total, compared to the £109 (inc shipping) it would have cost from their website shop, even using the MMOC Discount Code.

I'm sure WRCC are probably great for car buying or their workshop (not that I've dealt with them in those regards) but don't waste time looking at their Parts Shop pages.
I'm emailing the Club office to keep them informed.
Basil the 1955 series II