we have a problem

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: we have a problem

Post by Myrtles Man »

Mmm, I believe the Royal wee has become increasingly problematic recently.
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

That's a good one.

Nobody wants to talk about the loony subject, so let's leave it there.

I won't post on here again.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Oh wow, I didn’t expect that reaction, your decision of course but remember. ———Act in haste, repent at leisure. :-(

Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

" I think China failed to land one on the dark side about 7 years ago. "
now that's a classic..

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

John ;-)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

stuffedpike20 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:16 am
To add a bit of conspiracy ..we now have telescopes so powerful that they can look into the past. Why can't we point one at the moon and see the lunar rover, American flag and other rubbish that is supposed to be there? After all, Apollo 11 did land the capsule on the light side, Didn't it?
You clearly don't understand the technology of the telescopes you're referring to.

The latest one up there, the James Webb, doesn't even orbit the Earth, it orbits the Sun, just as we do, 1 million miles from us.
All these Space Telescopes are essentially radiation collectors, designed to collect the faint, ghostly 'light' of faraway galaxies, nebulas and planets. they can't focus on things in their own backyard. :roll:
Light is just a form of radiation frequency on the Electromagnetic Spectrum. All these Telescopes searching the Cosmos are detecting other wavelengths, such as Infrared, Ultra Violet and Gamma. Not the Visible light wavelength.
EM Spectrum.JPG
EM Spectrum.JPG (45.85 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
As to 'looking into the past' that's just simplistic term to say looking at light coming from events that happened so far away from us that they happened many millions of years ago.
The light from the sun isn't from 'now', it left the Sun 8 minutes ago and has travelled 93 million miles....

This page from the Royal Museums Greenwich debunks the main conspiracy points and also contains a link to a youtube video about the lunar reconnaissance orbiter imaging the Apollo 11 site in 2009....

https://www.rmg.co.uk/stories/topics/mo ... s-debunked

But the one thing that is clear about any Conspiracy theory is that if someone believes it, it's not worth discussing it with them because there's better ways to spend time, like go up the garage and work on your Minor. :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

geoberni wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:01 pm The light from the sun isn't from 'now', it left the Sun 8 minutes ago and has travelled 93 million miles....
Only if you can afford first class. I get mine delivered second class, so it takes 16 minutes but it works out cheaper in the long run :P :D
geoberni wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:01 pm like go up the garage and work on your Minor. :wink:
So, for those of us who can only work outside on ours, given the current weather conditions we have to come up with conspiracy theories from the comfort of indoors instead. :wink:
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

I looked in today expecting there to have been a bit of a pile on in the last week. Strangely, there has not.
I started this post expecting there to be a bit of interesting discussion. Instead, it conked out, and there have been no new 'off topic' posts.
Parts of this forum seem to be dying out; which is a great shame for such a great resource.

It's almost as if ....'everyone's gone to the moon'.
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

Meanwhile, the technical forums have been exceptionally busy.....

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

stuffedpike20 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:34 am I looked in today expecting there to have been a bit of a pile on in the last week. Strangely, there has not.
I started this post expecting there to be a bit of interesting discussion. Instead, it conked out, and there have been no new 'off topic' posts.
Parts of this forum seem to be dying out; which is a great shame for such a great resource.

It's almost as if ....'everyone's gone to the moon'.
Welcome back !! I expect you missed us ! :D

stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

I am delighted that the technical posts are very busy Keith. For those of us that don't do facebook etc. this forum is vital.

It is just a shame that some off topic posts are met with sarcasm, ridicule and general rudeness, isn't it?

Who says I am back Les? :lol:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well, I guess it was me ! Posting after your recent declaration, would suggest a return. Don’t take it to heart, we all have ups and downs now and then ! Some people irritate me occasionally but I manage to shrug it off, ———-so far !! :D

stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

les wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:33 am Well, I guess it was me ! Posting after your recent declaration, would suggest a return. Don’t take it to heart, we all have ups and downs now and then ! Some people irritate me occasionally but I manage to shrug it off, ———-so far !! :D
:tu1:
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

You can take tablets for that :wink:

lowedb
Minor Fan

Post by lowedb »

Conspiracy theories do make me wonder something. What's going to happen when conspiracy theorists finally realise they are actually part of a giant conspiracy to spread conspiracy theories?
Hello from Audrey, Beast, Tara, Robin, and of course Mog.

[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/lowedb/b12225ef.jpg[/img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/lowedb/553409b1.jpg[/img]
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Don't YOU start! :lol:
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Two airliners crashed into the side of the american flag & the lunar buggy in an area known as the Grassy Knowle!🤣
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
momo67
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by momo67 »

Sleeper wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:29 am Go tell that to the Japanese...

John :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Have you heard the latest USA Conspiracy...?

Because Taylor Swift, a young woman who apparently is a popular singer, is dating a Kansas City Chiefs player named Travis Kelce......,
and the Chiefs are in their 4th Super Bowl in five years on Sunday......,

.... the 'Right Wing Nut Job Media' in the USA have decided that their relationship is part of a plot to rig the NFL's championship game and help get US President Joe Biden re-elected in November.

TEN Months away....

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

I think Reliant beat the USA to the Moon.
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...

Post by Sleeper »

" I think Reliant beat the USA to the Moon. "

as I recall "the boys" didn't manage to get it that far..

John ;-)