Sir Jackie might be impressed!!

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Sir Jackie might be impressed!!

Post by Blaketon »

I have a book on driving, written by the great Sir Jackie Stewart, in which he outlines an exercise whereby people have to retain a tennis ball, in a bowl on the bonnet, whilst driving (I seem to recall in a figure of eight). I have also seem film of this.

On Wednesday, I needed to go to get a prescription for my mother, unexpectedly. So I could leave the doors of the Morris open and not drain the battery (I had Waxoyled inside the doors, before I refit the trim panels), I have removed the bypass fuse on the battery cut out and placed it on top of the battery. In haste, when I started the car, I simply reconnected the cut out and forgot the fuse. I then drove a round trip of just under ten miles, involving twists and turns, parking etc, with speeds of up to 60 mph and when I got back and disconnected the battery, I noticed the fuse still where I had left it!! Was it luck or good driving?

On a similar note, I know that I can balance a coin, upright, on the engine of the MG V8, whilst the engine is running but I've not tried that whilst driving ;) .
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Sir Jackie might be impressed!!

Post by les »

What glue did you use ? :D

Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

I suppose you could call it "Air fix".
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

:tu1: Well done anyway, and you didn’t need to buy another fuse !

Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

Blaketon wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:47 am I have a book on driving, written by the great Sir Jackie Stewart, in which he outlines an exercise whereby people have to retain a tennis ball, in a bowl on the bonnet, whilst driving (I seem to recall in a figure of eight).
He also did a video on advanced driving, I haven't watched my copy as our vhs player doesn't work anymore. :)
svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

Impressive! About 6 months ago I took the bonnet release return spring off for reasons that I forget. When it was time to put the spring back it was nowhere to be seen. Some weeks later I ordered a new spring which was on backorder out of stock. The spring arrived months after I had lost the original and the car is driven most days. When I went to fit the new spring I found the old one on the engine bay floor exactly where it must have fallen. Why I could not find it in the first place is a mystery but it didn't move!

Stephen
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen