Re-Registering a MM with the DVLA

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
RogCal
MMOC Member: No

Re-Registering a MM with the DVLA

Post by RogCal »

It appears that the DVLA no longer hold details of my MM despite it being taxed as late as 1982 and my having a V5 for it issued in 1980, so registering a change of keeper is not possible.

Now I have to "re-register it" for it to be in my name and I'm required to supply supporting documentation and photos to support my application for it to keep the original reg number, no problem there but they also want one section of the form to be filled in by a representative of a car club registered with the DVLA and as the MMOC is one of those clubs, could someone please advise me what is the procedure for getting this done.

I did try contacting the local MMOC branch on the number provided on the MMOC website but my call was met with rudeness i.e. "my number shouldn't be published" and "I'm eating my dinner", followed by the phone being put down. I do hope this is just an isolated example of the how a club "official" reacts and would hope that the person involved was just having a bad day. I was having a good one up to that point!

Thanks in advance for any advice provided.
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Re-Registering a MM with the DVLA

Post by geoberni »

Hello
I'm sorry for how your call was responded to, the Regional branches have their details publicly published and whomever you contacted should have known that.
However, a local branch can't help with DVLA enquiries, it has to be done via the Club Head Office in Derbyshire.

Email them on info@mmoc.org.uk and they can advise on the fee and whom to contact as the MMOC DVLA Liaison .
Basil the 1955 series II

RogCal
MMOC Member: No

Re: Re-Registering a MM with the DVLA

Post by RogCal »

Hi

Thanks for that, I shall contact them. There's no need to apologise for a fellow members actions but appreciate your sentiments.

Roger