Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
minorissues135
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Fitting brake back plates

Post by minorissues135 »

Hi, in moving hubs over to the new axle case, I misunderstood the stupid r/h or l/h labelling system rather than o/s and n/s. Tried to find out before fitting but just could not find out what they meant, e.g. looking forward or backward. So as my drain holes don't line up, do I have to take them off again and swap, or could I get away with it as is? aaargh....
minorissues135
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Fitting brake back plates

Post by minorissues135 »

Update, so my official Morris Minor workshop manual calls the rear offside, the 'RH' or Right Hand, and the rear nearside the 'L/H or Left hand.

Double doh!!....So despite my thinking the drain holes don't match up, on checking, they actually seem to as I can see bright metal through the small hole...phew! So damn confusing with the axle out of the car in terms of front/back/offside/nearside/right hand/left hand
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Fitting brake back plates

Post by Bill_qaz »

The offside has always been the right hand side as sitting in the drivers seat and nearside the left hand side again looking forward.
I like one of the Americans who calls the drivers side the captains and the passenger side the drinkers :lol:
Regards Bill