Ideas & Suggestions for the future of the MMOC

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Judge
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Judge »

Kevin wrote: By the way I recemtly found out that we have 2 other independant branches so to speak, I have always known about the Cornwall one for a long time but recently I came across another in Sussex who are around 80 strong and I wonder how they were upset to become independant.
http://www.morrisminorclubeastsussex.co.uk/
Could this also be why there are so many MG and Mini clubs?
jonathon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by jonathon »

Blimey, they need to employ a proof reader..... BG where are you?? :roll: :lol:

Rather a shame that what seem to be a very organised and enthusiastic group is denied access to the MMOC facilities especially as their aims are exactly the same.. or are they? :o :(

mal
Minor Addict

Ideas & Suggestions for the future of the MMOC

Post by mal »

Rather a shame that what seem to be a very organised and enthusiastic group is denied access to the MMOC facilities
On the face of it higher beings within the MMOC seem as though they are to blame for that... I find that discusting and a little childish, no wonder clubs are suffering.
In our area a couple of one marque clubs have gone to the wall recently, I was an active member of 2 of them when I had my MG's... funny how most of them have joined the multi-marque clubs I'm in. Must admit that there is loads of Moggy owners within these clubs. I wonder if this is the way foreward.

Mal
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

jonathon wrote:Blimey, they need to employ a proof reader..... BG where are you?? :roll: :lol: (
Not in East Sussex :D
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

the east suusex club is a very good one and very active

unlike the mmoc one in pevensy eastbourne

so that is why it has so many members and all in all a better club
dave1949
Minor Fan

Post by dave1949 »

A more than interesting debate,worth a look at the %'s in "Gen Disc sticky ages of web members"
However,
Im of an age where i am very nearly as old as our beloved moggies,(Dads Fault)but certainly dont feel that old and hopefully dont act it.
I totally agree young members should be both encouraged and WELCOMED to our fold in whatever form they choose to participate,otherwise what will happen to the cars of us all when age dictates we can not maintain it,drive it etc.And yes that day will come to us all!!!!!!! where will your car, with or without the correct steering wheel, end up then
I'm surprised,dare i say, no-one has mentioned the following of the VW beetle.I live very close to Poddington and it is always apparent when its the annual bug jam,cars everywhere and all appear to be young.(But then so do Policemen to me :wink: )
Several years ago i was invaded at home by my nephew and his mates on an annual basis on and between the above event,(Free Food i suppose?)Why is it so much more popular to the younger generation and even revamped and back in production.On no way do i want to take the thread away from the main Question of the way forward for the MMOC just a point for thought.
FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

Totally agree Dave!! I was very pleased to see many 'newbies' on here which were young! which is a very good sign meanin the the young generation is econising the Morris Minor I think the MMOc should encorougae more ppl like that as the future of the cars are in their hands I'm 25 today and hope that when I'll be 70 the MMOC is still running and my cars still on the road!! (if ever I'll manage to get them ready 6 of themm!! lol)

leafie

Post by leafie »

dave1949 wrote: I'm surprised,dare i say, no-one has mentioned the following of the VW beetle. Why is it so much more popular to the younger generation and even revamped and back in production.
I think is probably all about image. Some of the publicity I have seen for MMOC and groups really does help to reinforce the image of Morris Minors being for older people. When did you last see a group picture of retirement age people advertising a VW club?

Incidentally I’d be useless in a picture having been grey since 29 :D

Leafie
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

A very good point Leafie, and something I have raised previously. Unfortunately to no avail :(
FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

what can we do to increase the following of the Minor like that of the beetle?

bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Wait for it to become as fashionable/trendy, I guess
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Our cars weren't made for as long as the Beetle for one thing so not so many around.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

Could be waiting a long time :( Why not start making it more fashionable/trendy by being more proactive with a younger audience :D
FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

I agree with you Judge but who's going to do it?

bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Partly because I couldn't in any meaningful way, partly because I don't particularly want it to become fashionable/trendy, I guess
a
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

With support, I'm still willing to break with tradition :wink:
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

bigginger wrote:Partly because I couldn't in any meaningful way, partly because I don't particularly want it to become fashionable/trendy, I guess
a
I didn't think you had reached that age yet Andrew :o
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Not THAT much younger than you, Bill :D
a
alex_holden
Minor Legend

Post by alex_holden »

FrankM83 wrote:what can we do to increase the following of the Minor like that of the beetle?
Go back in time and persuade them to make Herbie or The Italian Job with Minors instead of Beetles/Minis?
ImageImage
Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer.
FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

lol Alex that was initial thought :)