Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Judge
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Ideas & Suggestions for the future of the MMOC

Post by Judge »

The following are just a few of my ideas to deal with a variety of issues from attracting new members, retaining existing members, and also increasing revenue for the Club.
1. Make use of every opportunity to obtain a wider audience of potential members.
2. Encourage Morris Minor owners to use their cars and promote the club by both example and talking to members of the public whenever possible.
3. Expand, regularly update, and maintain the Club Website. Encourage potential members to join by posting ‘tasters’ in the public area and the full articles etc within the Members Only area.
4. Create an online version of Minor Matters.
5. Combine as many MMOC events as possible with well established shows etc and actively seek new members there.
6. Encourage better attendance of solely Minor rallies, by seeking suggestions from the membership via Minor Matters, and non members via the website etc, and if feasible act on them.
7. Utilise other Morris Minor publications, such as Minor Monthly to reach non MMOC members.
8. Improve PR aspects by keeping Minor enthusiasts updated on Club promotional events, and also encouraging them to take a more active role themselves in approaching the various forms of media with Minor related items.
8. Invite younger members to take an active role at MMOC events.
jonathon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by jonathon »

I'd go along with those Bill, but I see that many have been suggested for many years now and very little has been done.
Nice to see the inclusion of Minor Monthly which has often been seen as the 'enemy' for far too long.
I agree that the website is vital to the development of the club and its updating needs to be frequent and fresh.
It would be nice too if there was a link with 'the powers that be, as a few questions on the forum could be quickly answered rather than go through the procedure of letter writing etc. I do realize that folk are volunteers so maybe unfair, maybe a committee spokesman with website duties ??.

Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

I have volunteered previously.
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Then I'll second you. Obviously your enthusiasm was not shared then Bill :( :( :roll:

FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

I stil add that the club make more pressure on manufacturers for better parts!!

bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

Cam Shaw is the committe member with website responsibilites

Jon Rocke
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

........and appointed me Web Editor :wink:
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

But Cam now seldom writes on here, he might well visit but really we need a well known face / contributor. By no means do I intend disrespect to Cam

Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

The last time I spoke to Cam he was quite happy for me to update and add new articles to the website Jonathon.
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

So what's the problem :o :o get on with in Bill :lol: :lol: :wink:

Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

Ask Jon, I only wish I could :roll: :wink:
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Re: Ideas & Suggestions for the future of the MMOC

Post by Sidney'61 »

Judge wrote:8. Invite younger members to take an active role at MMOC events.
Sounds good, I sure theres plenty of us 'younguns' to organize something. I don't mind contributing.
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

yes in fact I noticed there re plenty of youngsters gaining interest in Morris Minors :)

Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

The more the merrier Andy.

Incidentally I have just remembered another suggestion I made i.e. that we have practical demonstrations, such as simple maintenance, at rallies :D
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

I think your wish has been answered this year then Bill.

Jon, why can Bill not update the website :o :( :wink:

Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

jonathon wrote:I think your wish has been answered this year then Bill.
Yes, must have got tired of me harping on :wink: :lol:
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Obviously works eventually :wink: :D

Robins
Minor Fan

Post by Robins »

Clubs are to much like councils, there's to many people that want to take the credit but nobody wants to make a decision, then if one person trys to make a dicision it needs putting to the vote and back to square one again. This for a start puts me off getting involved.
You clearly have enthusiasm and ideas Bill, but who is, and what does this 'Jon' person need asking for when Cam has said go ahead? Oh yes, let me guess, More red tape!

To get young people involved, you need to get the more elderly folk to except them!
It really used to put me off when you get them come round and pick holes with all the none original parts at a rally, if they stood back and looked, they would have seen I owned a modified moggie and originality was not the idea, but then thats wrong aswell, can't modify them.
Our local branch started up again a few years back, the older people all group together and yap amongst them selves, as a younger member got ignored most of the time, and then they come out with "how do we get more young members in the club". Can't think why I never went anymore :roll: . And that's why you won't have seen me at a moggie club rally. I will just add though, that I am a member of the club. I don't mean any offence by what I said but this is just my view as a young member. :wink:
cheers, Daniel
[img]http://www.daniel-robins.co.uk/becky%20web%20pics/20052.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.daniel-robins.co.uk/archie/10107.jpg[/img]
The pulling power of a Turbo Diesel! The voices may not be real, but they have good ideas.
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

As far as I am concerned, no offence taken. In fact I think you have made some very valid points, and what must not be forgotten is that you young members are the future of the club.
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

This Jon person is the web editor - the man who. among other things, gets the site up and running again when the it falls over. I know it still says that next under my name too, but I resigned that position many, many months ago and it hasn't been altered yet, I've never understood why Bill wasn't adding to and updating the site, TBH. Perhaps it was lack of knowhow, I just don't know, but I'm sure he will start to soon - I look forward to it.