Ideas & Suggestions for the future of the MMOC

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
leafie
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by leafie »

pgc520 wrote: I think that most of the ideas in this thread are good and positive, but my question to you, is who is going to do the work to make some of these thing happen??
I would think some of the people on here would give time if a request was put on the board.

leafie
theminorsite
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by theminorsite »

leafie wrote:
pgc520 wrote: I think that most of the ideas in this thread are good and positive, but my question to you, is who is going to do the work to make some of these thing happen??
I would think some of the people on here would give time if a request was put on the board. leafie
Of course. Unfortunately personal problems meant I couldn't take part in some of the lead-up meetings on-site for the National, but I've still guaranteed availability over the weekend to assist with the Interbranch for self and family!
Mike
http://www.TheMinorSite.co.uk
Modified Best Engine Bay - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012
1st Place Modified - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012 woohoo!
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

Hi Andrew, I much appreciate your time and effort taken to give some feedback here on top of the your other MMOC tasks (and the rest of your life).
Final point

The MMOC working group looking at approved traders and arbitration schemes will be meeting in April to finalise its proposals and these will then be discussed with the traders along with the quality of the spares, and I will let you know outcome of the meeting after it has taken place.
I may have missed the meeting date somewhere - life is busy at the moment, so i only skimmed the last mag and have only been on the message board once or twice a week recently. Can someone let me know a time and place?
Last edited by rayofleamington on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

It does seem that one committee member is expected to carry out a considerable number of tasks, some of which I believe could have been shared. Perhaps requests for assistance could have been posted here?

Whilst on the subject of member input, perhaps there are those on here that would like to be part of the central display of cars, and models from each year of production.
leafie

Post by leafie »

Judge wrote:Whilst on the subject of member input, perhaps there are those on here that would like to be part of the central display of cars, and models from each year of production.
68 Traveller any good Bill?

Leafie
theminorsite
Minor Fan

Post by theminorsite »

Andrew
Not wishing to sidetrack from the thread, but you already have my mobile number (Rosie can give it you if you've lost it) and I'm more than happy to show up anytime from Thurs AM if I can be of use as a gesture for missing the last couple of meetings :oops: . For the first time ever not bringing a Minor this year (gulp) as I'm bringing the Landie for Interbranch so can do any fetching or whatever as req'd. Call me if you want.
Last edited by theminorsite on Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

You would have to put it to the organisers Leafie. I was considering bringing my concours 1954 Series II out of long term storage, but no one has asked me :wink:
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

that sounds like a brilliant idea,just out of intrest i have looked at the new members of the message board 241 since jan 1st 08.so there is a lot of intrest in the morris minor.do you think that the 60th year has something to do with this . at the last branch meeting we had 4 new members,so that is a positive thing
[sig]5641[/sig]
mal
Minor Addict

Ideas & Suggestions for the future of the MMOC

Post by mal »

Not much to appeal to the 20's - 40's age group is there
Seems like someone has lost the plot
For example at this years rally there is rhythmic gymnastics, majorettes, a Scottish pipe band, dogs to music (whatever that is ), a flower arranging demonstration and a hand knit & embroidery stall
Well, I'm well over 40 and if that's the best the National rally can offer no wonder the clubs in trouble... I wouldn't even take my car off the drive to attend something like that :roll:

Mal
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

I have to disagree, I always look forward to the national rally. If you take the time and go and talk to people at the rally you will meet some great characters and you will find all sorts of bargains in the autojumble. I know its not for everyone, especailly very liitle to interest the ladies. Litchfield was a great venue as the town was in walking distance and it gave you other options other than looking at cars. This year our branch is running a bus trip to the national for some of the older members who dont want to drive, 33 seats and we sold out in about 2 weeks! We even got a few people who dont even own minors just going for the crack!

Is the website going to have a branch avenue stand? Would be a good meeting place other than the bar!

Too many Minors so little time.....
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

I think you hit the nail on the head there David, about very little to interest the ladies (non moggy ladies of course :oops: ), hence my suggestions. A good rally should have something for everyone :D
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

I took my (not really interested in cars) sister to the National two years ago and she was bored rigid within two hours. And even as a 'Moggy lady' I still feel that there isn't much to do once you've been round the autojumble 3 times and looked at all the cars. I suppose that's the downside of camping and attending both days. If I took a day trip by coach and spent just a couple of hours there it wouldn't be a problem :lol: By contrast I've attended quite a few steam engine rallies / country shows and never get bored as there's such a variety of things to do and look at.

Still the website 'mob' are a good bunch and you can always while away the hours with cups of tea, cake and conversations about clowns etc. Queuing for the toilets also kills a bit of time :wink:

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Judge
Minor Legend

Post by Judge »

For the last 2 years my Branch, the Oxon & Berks, have very successfully held the Southern Regional Rally in conjunction with The Uffington White Horse Show. They have now even got a link to the MMOC site on their links page :D

http://www.whitehorseshow.co.uk/index.html

By the way, we will also be at this years Abingdon Air & Country Show

http://www.abingdonfayre.com/
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

LouiseM wrote:
Still the website 'mob' are a good bunch and you can always while away the hours with cups of tea, cake and conversations about clowns etc.
Aaaw shucks :oops:
a
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

dogs to music (whatever that is ),
I think this was at a previous rally, maybe 4 years back, pretty tasteless if you ask me, I gave my views.
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

yes i agree with les on this very tasteless

lets have some stuff going on thats interesting

or are we going to the circus ,
theminorsite
Minor Fan

Post by theminorsite »

aupickup wrote:or are we going to the circus ,
There's some that'd say we already are.
Ouch, gerrof, I was only kidding!!! 8) 8)
Mike
Robins
Minor Fan

Post by Robins »

It's nice to know the high ups are reading this and talking about it. Something that does interest me, "the committee are voted in every 3 years" wow there!!, by who exactly is the voting done by????? not the members so must be the other committee members?? hmmm. :-?

A successful club is run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. What the committee needs to ask them selves is, are they really still enthusiastic about Moggies? or do they just like having the authority to make decisions and feel important? And remember, just owning a Moggie doesn't mean they are enthusiasts.
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Robins wrote:It's nice to know the high ups are reading this and talking about it. Something that does interest me, "the committee are voted in every 3 years" wow there!!, by who exactly is the voting done by????? not the members so must be the other committee members??
The members who actually make the effort to attend the AGM
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

well lets have the agm a little further down south sometimes then