Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
moggyminor16
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

ebay a logbook and id

Post by moggyminor16 »

i dont know how to repot this item it could be used to ring one of the stolern cars that are going around can some one try to get it band please

morris minor V5 tax exempt

http://www.cgi.ebay.co.uk/morris-minor- ... 286.c0.m14

dont know if the link works sorry if it dont
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Right, I've done it. Links to Ebay don't seem to work here any more - it's item number 300251157695 though
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

I've reported it too. Chris, on the listing scroll down to the bottom and there is a link to report this item.
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

ebay a logbook and id

Post by moggyminor16 »

thanks Lee never see that before ws thinking of making a doggy id for ebay and putting a bid on it for 50,000 see what he would do then lol :)
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
WPR678B
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by WPR678B »

Reported by me too! :D :wink:
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Selling something like this is disgraceful! Ebay at it's worst, the police should be informed, but what's the betting it'll just go on again!
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

It's still up there! I don't know how long ebay take to react to reporting of items. I have actually emailed the seller and he doesn't believe he is doing anything wrong as he is (supposedly) breaking the car himself!
My Minor:
MMOC - 66535

aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

also reported
mof
Minor Friendly

Post by mof »

The ONLY reason for this ebay transaction is for another car's ID to be changed.

Selling an identity in this way may constitute aiding and abetting an offence.

Th police will do nothing about this, but I'll ring DLA, who may b interested.
COMMERCIALMAN
Minor Friendly

Id plates and v5

Post by COMMERCIALMAN »

Its only an offence if it used on a vehicle to change identity . The DVLA are trying to work with Ebay over this but Ebay say its a free market upto a point and the buyer should be making the moral decision here. The selling of id plates and v5's would and does go on whether Ebay was around or not. Older cars have less identifying marks then newer cars so are more easier to change identity. Its mainly done to transfer a valuable number plate. There are hundreds of old cars out there that are not what they appear to be. Its generally the honest person that gets stung in the end just do your homework and check the paperwork.
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

Odd really. I've some sympathy for someone with a rusty pile that used to be a car with a valuable registration and legally can't do anything about it as the car has to be tested to transfer it. (Wonder why?)
Then selling the ID or borrowing, buying another car to use to MOT with that number to get round the DVLAs rules so the number can be transferred makes some sense, not that I have tried this of course, but I can appreciate the desire.
It would be much simpler if the DVLA allowed numbers to be transferred from a rusty heap without any of this nonsense occuring.

However this auction for registration *** XUJ makes no sense. It is an age related plate, issued fairly recently looking at the series, so presumably the owner has transfered the old plate, either by obtaining a dodgy MOT, or using another car to stand in for the scrapper that has now 'been recycled'. The DVLA have then issued this 'age related' (well its not really but thats another pet subject) plate that the guy unbelievably is now trying to sell! Bit like having your cake and eating it!

Only reason I can see for someone wanting this, is either to ring a stolen car or an ID for a pile of bits type of project where the chassis plate and docs have been lost.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

According to ebays website, it is against their rules to sell a V5 or a Vin on there without a car. So he is infact breaking two of ebay's rules in itself. This is the kind of thing that used to go on in the pub years ago!
My Minor:
MMOC - 66535

Dean
Minor Legend

Re: Id plates and v5

Post by Dean »

COMMERCIALMAN wrote:Its only an offence if it used on a vehicle to change identity . The DVLA are trying to work with Ebay over this but Ebay say its a free market upto a point and the buyer should be making the moral decision here.
So according to ebays moral stance then, it's a free market you could sell that 3 tonne mortar bomb you made in the garage. But it's only illegal if the buyer uses it to kill. :-? Bit of an extreme example, but I thought passing of any car id to another car was illegal. It's aiding the criminal underworld, a bit like buying counterfeit cd's etc!
8009STEVE
Minor Legend

Post by 8009STEVE »

It is now ended due to

"an error in listing"