By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
moggyminor16
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

re reg

Post by moggyminor16 »

hi all my boy (simon1993) has been givern a morris minor saloon 4 door
we are trying to get either the orginal reg or a age related plate back
the reg used to be SAH 544 now changed to KVG 722A IT SAY ON THE LOG BOOK DATE OF REGISTRATION 03,12,80 now this is not right it dose say (DECL/D MANUF 1955 ) dose this mean any thing
please could some one help us out in this matter and point me in theright direction on what i need to do
thanks
chris
and
simon
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

I suppose a conversation with the DVLA would be the first step. They do reply quite prompt to emails as well if you prefer that route.

If it's any consolation SAH 544 doesn't appear to be in use, so could you buy it back? Worth the question.

My papers say date of registration 1979, year of manufacture 1953. I'm guessing it was either rebuilt and put back on the road in '79 or they had the log book changed. Not sure, I will be interested to know that one.
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

thanks for that this is getting strange if it was a 1953 then should it not be a split screen it dose have traffictors oil type air filter 950 cc engine
by the look of some of the paper work in 1978 79 it had a re reg some wanted a diffrent reg theer is paper work showing that she was still on the road as each year she had a service done at teh same garage
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Sorry, slight bit of confusion has set in I think. The DVLA vehicle enquiry and papers for the car I own say year of manufacture 1953, date of first registration 1979. Like I say I'm not sure what this means and would be interested to know if you happen to find out. Cheers.
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

yes ye sthanks for that very very much the reg was sold in 70/80s the peopel that had teh car before the one i got it from was Evan Douce Registrations there is were the reg went to i recon when the paper work was done to change the reg i think they got it wrong in stead of putting after 56 when the split screen stopped they put the wrong age down as i was told that it was a 1958 strange i knwo but i think i will be digging deaper to find out were the reg is and get teh age on teh log book changed
thanks again Dean on this matter all i need to do now is get intouch with dvla lol how much fun at lest they have new music on the waiting calls lol
thanks mate
chris
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

just have found out in 1987 it was sold from Evan Douce Registrations to th efamily were i got it from there is a invoce for new plate to be made with the reg it has now in 20/11/87 so its before 87 back to 80 were the owner was Evan Douce Registrations they had it for 7 years now trying to find them and try to get more information will post if find any thing out
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

Coincidentally, my wife's LandRover lost its original plate around the same time, and is now KVG 672A
You can apply for a 3 letter three number age related plate free of charge from the DVLA now. At the time they didn't do age related plates and just issued an A reg number for anything A reg or older.
As it happens the current series of age related plates are numbers first then letters, a type which only started appearing in the late fifties early sixties as the conventional 3 letter three number types were used up and before the A reg.
In your case it won't look too out of place on a '58 car but it stands out on Series 2s and older cars. Or you could just buy a personal plate if you preferred.
If you want to correct the logbook, you'll probably need the the BMIHT Heritage Certificate from Gaydon giving the build dates. they do charge for this, but not sure how much it is these days.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

re reg

Post by moggyminor16 »

thanks for that at lest ill be able to get the sort of teh same age plate on her
thanks again i will still digging around to find out more information on her histroy
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

today got the paper work back from the dvla it seemsstraight forward trying to get pics of it with the orignal reg on it then be better on the paper work it says on there is a part for the culb to do sign stamp etc can any one tell me who will do this as i am not a member at teh moment as i am going away to often on tour off to iraq end of teh year then come back for a short time then off to afgan so it will be a waste at teh moment to pay out for the membership both cars are getting stord away at camp that is a good thing just teh traveller will be out and still on teh road but jacked up and covered up
if you can help please let me know
chris
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Good luck on these 'tours' mate! Be SURE to keep your various cars either taxed or on SORN while you are away - otherwise you will collect automatic fines!! You need to renew the SORN on each anniversary.
ImageImage
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

thanks mate yes they will run out when im away but my wife will redo them and send off but still no news if we are going as we are mush rooms
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
jimmymuffin

age related re reg KVS 561 original number ?

Post by jimmymuffin »

i know its a long shot, but i have here in Southern Ireland a green 1956 2 door minor 1000. It's a very early full screen minor with odd parts from the split screen. I found some old tax discs with the old UK age related number plate showing KVS 561 looking at the discs it looks like it was re registered 17th november 1992 as it was a replacement disc running for 14 days only. Then it was taxed untill november 93 for six months in Kingsheath Birmingham. The next disc i have is to May 1994 for six months from Solihull west midlands.
Does anybody from the Birmingham area know any history of this car? was it part exchanged and the dealer sold on the plate? I believe it to have been imported in the naughtys to the Republic of Ireland. It may have had a renovation in this time as when i got the car it had been outside in the wind and rain for over 10 years and the floors , both sills, lower wheel arches and f/n/s complete leg had rotted away nearly completly. But the car it's self was in great shape otherwise.
I know it seems like madness but you never know! someone many recall something from many years ago I would love to find the cars history and maybe show the old owners the lock down garden patio restoration. PS we call the minor "Argon" now.
Stay Safe Everyone.
Last edited by jimmymuffin on Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCYorks
Minor Fan

Re: age related re reg KVS 561 original number ?

Post by MCYorks »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a very early Minor 1000 with an interesting history. Really great to hear you have chosen to restore it and are taking a keen interest in its history.

Registration KVS 561 still shows up on the 'gov.uk' tax check website. This indicates the tax was due from 1st June 1994, so the previous disc having being cancelled in May 1994. However, since you actually have the disc from May 1994 and it was valid for six months, could this imply the Minor was exported at that time? Date of last UK logbook issued is 3rd Dec 1992, which would tie up with it being sold almost immediately after re-registration on 17th Nov 1992.

Here in the UK, there is a procedure whereby, for a fee, the current registered keeper can request the history for their vehicle. The DVLA would then provide a previous keeper history and details of any changes. E.g. colour, engine size, etc. Do you have something similar in the Republic of Ireland? If so, then perhaps you can find out who imported it and when.

I hope someone else on the forum will recognise the car and can provide you with more information. Take care and stay safe
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Re: re reg

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

DVLA won't give out previous keeper history, scans of old documents they hold or anything related to the car, even if you are the present registered keeper. That is thanks to GDPR. But private firms can still access your details to send you motoring fines.
MCYorks
Minor Fan

Post by MCYorks »

JOWETTJAVELIN wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:01 pm DVLA won't give out previous keeper history, scans of old documents they hold or anything related to the car, even if you are the present registered keeper. That is thanks to GDPR. But private firms can still access your details to send you motoring fines.
DVLA will usually provide details and dates of any vehicle changes. E.g. change of colour, engine capacity, registration number, etc. However, it seems a bit hit and miss as to what you get at the moment. I received a copy of the V5C detailing a colour change, with the keepers name and address redacted, but they also redacted the mileage! Now there's no reason under GDPR or any other data protection rules to redact mileage information.

There are regular enquiries from Minor owners on the forum, asking for any history relating to their vehicle. I think this shows that owners take an interest in the history of their vehicles and it's important to them for various reasons. Many of these queries could be answered by DVLA releasing the information to the current keeper, as they always have done.
Its been the case for nearly a century, that the current registered keeper has an entitlement to the history of their vehicle. This has stood the test of multiple data protection laws over many years, so why would it change now? GDPR was designed and intended to deal with privacy issues in a digital / internet age, not restrict keepers long held entitlements to their vehicle history. If it does restrict that entitlement, however unintended that consequence may have been, then it needs looking at and addressing to remove the restriction.

Regarding private firms... how would they make any money if they couldn't access your data? :roll: I suspect if DVLA blocked their access, there would be so much noise generated that it would be reinstated in the blink of an eye!
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

JOWETTJAVELIN wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:01 pm DVLA won't give out previous keeper history, scans of old documents they hold or anything related to the car, even if you are the present registered keeper. That is thanks to GDPR. But private firms can still access your details to send you motoring fines.

Not in my experience.
I got my car's history 3 years ago and I see no reason for things to have got any stricter.

This is an example from the scans I received. It has to be remembered that all these old records are archived on microfilm, probably those old cassette box ones, and some perhaps are on Microfiche of the 80s/90s. So there's a lot of manual searching involved going back through the old County Archives.
1978 Log Book.jpg
1978 Log Book.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 5934 times
My car is a '55, the only 'old style log book' that they could find was from the mid 60s, this was the first computerised one from 1978. I've redacted the Chassis/frame number, the other redactions are as I received it. I also got copies of all the other V5Cs from this one to the present day.
That original Reg is now on a 2003 Blue Renault.
Basil the 1955 series II

jimmymuffin

Re: age related re reg KVS 561 original number ?

Post by jimmymuffin »

jimmymuffin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:55 am i know its a long shot, but i have here in Southern Ireland a green 1956 2 door minor 1000. It's a very early full screen minor with odd parts from the split screen. I found some old tax discs with the old UK age related number plate showing KVS 561 looking at the discs it looks like it was re registered 17th november 1992 as it was a replacement disc running for 14 days only. Then it was taxed untill november 93 for six months in Kingsheath Birmingham. The next disc i have is to May 1994 for six months from Solihull west midlands.
Does anybody from the Birmingham area know any history of this car? was it part exchanged and the dealer sold on the plate? I believe it to have been imported in the naughtys to the Republic of Ireland. It may have had a renovation in this time as when i got the car it had been outside in the wind and rain for over 10 years and the floors , both sills, lower wheel arches and f/n/s complete leg had rotted away nearly completly. But the car it's self was in great shape otherwise.
I know it seems like madness but you never know! someone many recall something from many years ago I would love to find the cars history and maybe show the old owners the lock down garden patio restoration. PS we call the minor "Argon" now.
Stay Safe Everyone.
I checked the tax book [log book v5] the car was imported march 1995 but not taxed untill 9 years later in aug 2004, all rather confusing as you can import with no NCT[MOT] or having to tax the vehicle and only have to pay the dreaded VRT tax which by all accounts is Ilegal under eu law. At least it was set at 200 Euro for 30 years plus vehicles.
It looks like the car was on the age related plate for a very short time before export, so it may prove very hard to find anyone whom will recall it's "new"reg.
The only that might help it was first registered october 23rd 1956 which might be enough for someone recall? So does anyone remember a dark green two door october 1956 morris minor being their family???
MCYorks
Minor Fan

Post by MCYorks »

geoberni wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:51 pm

Not in my experience.
I got my car's history 3 years ago and I see no reason for things to have got any stricter.

My car is a '55, the only 'old style log book' that they could find was from the mid 60s, this was the first computerised one from 1978. I've redacted the Chassis/frame number, the other redactions are as I received it. I also got copies of all the other V5Cs from this one to the present day.
Sounds like you did really well there :D It's likely a 'continuation old style log book' was issued in the mid 60's and only that one would have been sent to DVLA when your car was registered with them. I wonder why they only sent me one V5C then? I can't believe they don't have a copy of the old logbook for mine, because it's been continually registered for the last 50 years. Maybe it was a Monday morning / Friday afternoon job and they couldn't be bothered looking through the Microfiche :wink:
It makes complete sense to redact the chassis/frame number and personal details when posting documents on a public forum. As that information shouldn't be in the public domain. However, I can see no reason for the previous owners details to be redacted on any documents supplied to the current keeper. Since they are responsible for the vehicle, the current keeper has an entitlement to know its' history and who the previous keepers were. This should meet the legitimate interest or reasonable cause bits of GDPR. Redacting this information now only serves to expunge any undesirable former keepers and/or hide any nefarious activity. That doesn't benefit the current keeper, any future keepers or the wider public interest for that matter.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

geoberni wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:51 pm I got my car's history 3 years ago and I see no reason for things to have got any stricter.
Whats changed since then is the General Data Protection Regulations 2018... when that came in to force DVLA stopped providing the info
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Matt wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:27 pm
geoberni wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:51 pm I got my car's history 3 years ago and I see no reason for things to have got any stricter.
Whats changed since then is the General Data Protection Regulations 2018... when that came in to force DVLA stopped providing the info
I'll give you that, as I got my info 18th May 2018 about a week before GDPR became active. But they should have been up to speed for it anyway.
The leaflet here however, does not seem any different to the version I used in early 2018 :
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... record.pdf

And the V888 hasn't changed.
oh well.... DVLA have always been a law unto themselves. Must be a global 'vehicle thing' as DMV is probably the most awkward department in any of the US States too. :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II