Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Boggles
MMOC Member: No

Considering buying a Minor.

Post by Boggles »

Hi,

I am new here and was wndering if anyone could help me.

I need a new car for day to day use sometime before February and am considering getting a Morris Minor. However, It has been a while since I was last in a minor and am wanting to have a sit in one and so on to see if it is the car for me.

Would anyone be able to recommend a dealer in Yorkshire where I might be able to have a good look round ne or two and so on?

Failing that, is it acceptable to go to a branch meet and ask nicely for advice?

Many thanks
Chris
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

is it acceptable to go to a branch meet and ask nicely for advice?
Absolutely Chris at my Branch we are always happy to see new faces with or without a car.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Hi Chris, we have several branches in Yorkshire. If you let us know whereabouts you are we can point you in the right direction. :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
Boggles

Post by Boggles »

Hi,

I'm in Halifax so the West Yorkshire meet at the end of the month appears best for me I think.
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

I'm certain someone there will be able to persuade you that what you really want for your future drive is a Morris Minor! :D Good luck.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I would say - look for a private deal rather than going to a 'dealer'. There are often some very nice cars for sale on here - and of course there are ebay bargains - and horrors, so beware. If possible - get a Minor owner to go along and look at any Minor you are thinking of buying.
ImageImage
overider
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by overider »

Hi Chris
If you would like to join us at the West Yorkshire MMOC, please come along and make yourself known. We are a good cross section of people of all ages.
We meet on the last Wednesday of every month at the Cleckheaton sports and social club just off j26 (Chain bar) of the M62, it’s the junction of the M606 & A58. If you want advice befor you buy and have any problems with your Moggy when you get one they is always someone that can help or advise you. We also have a good collection of club spares and tools to help all members. Its always nice to see new members and there cars.
If you need any more info about the club just PM me.
HAVE IT! LOVE IT! DRIVE IT!
Boggles

Post by Boggles »

Cheers for the help folks.

I will be buying privately rather than through a dealer. However, as I am 6'2" and built like the proverbial outhouse I would like a sit in one before buying to check that it is comfy for me and so on.

I shall attend the next West Yorkshire meet and smile nicely in case someone lets me have a practice sit.
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

Boggles wrote:as I am 6'2" and built like the proverbial outhouse I would like a sit in one before buying to check that it is comfy for me and so on.
You'll be better looking at a 2 door or Traveller as they have wider door appatures than the 4 door or LCV's.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I have plenty of room in my Minor at 6'2" - and not slim either!
ImageImage
stevey
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by stevey »

im 6'4''and dont have a problem getting in or out. off the record.... a 2 door is easier to get in. but i do like a 4 door!!!!! very comfy too with lots of head room.

bobbins
Minor Friendly

Post by bobbins »

I have a 4-door saloon, and my other half is 6'3''. We have found that the getting in is ok, but the parcel shelf somewhat limits leg-room. Take the parcel shelf out and it's just great :lol:

Definitely go for a Minor as I used mine every day for 8 years...very cost-effective too :D
StaffsMoggie
Minor Addict

Post by StaffsMoggie »

There are few cars as economical as a Minor. I have a 4 door and I am not the smallest of people. Two doors do have wider doors but I like the convenience of easy access to the rear seats, ideal for chucking the shopping in.

Minors make great daily runners and can be used with confidence.