Thanks Bill
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

Dean
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by Dean »

Another question.. are we likely to get exposure to most if not all modified Minors on this forum?
My Minor:
MMOC - 66535

Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

Dean wrote:Another question.. are we likely to get exposure to most if not all modified Minors on this forum?
As many as possible Image
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

Judge wrote:I think that to start with, if it is advertised on here and on mog.myfreeforum.org, and also in Minor Matters and Minor Monthly it should reach a good selection of both members and non members.
Great idea Bill, let me get it sorted so they are available here first and then I can look at expanding it properly for next year.
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Great stuff, we want the best custom and modified built moggy's in the country going in this!! Can we cope with the responsibility!! :o
My Minor:
MMOC - 66535

FrankM83
Minor Legend

Post by FrankM83 »

Oh some Minors come to mind already :D

minor_hickup
Minor Legend

Post by minor_hickup »

I think all the points have been covered in this thread. But I think a lot of people don't understand how tolerant the Morris club is. The club magazine often features modified minors. However modified motors will never fit well in the 'classic scene'.

I think the way forward for people with modified mogs is to just tag onto retro shows as someone pointed out earlier. The retro scene is very wide, tolerant and there are all sorts of cars and people from supercharged zetec powered vivas to period correct racers. I believe the MMOC were invited to the Retro-Rides show this year, I would have been there but I was in London buying my current minor. By making an appearance at these shows as a club you're reaching directly into all age ranges, especially young drivers!

As for the minors appeal to young people. On a cost basis they make a great first car. However they're never going to be seriousy quick without a lot of cash spending on them. I recently bought an old BMW 318iS 16 valve, lowered, stiffened, LSD all the gear you'd want and it flies for just over a grand. I'd rather have a period tuned retro though which is what I'm doing with my split screen. I'm sure there are many others who agree.

Oh by the way I'm 21 and have been driving moggies since I was 17.
Last edited by minor_hickup on Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

young ones

Post by grumpygrandad »

hello why cant local clubs do more to attract the younger genaration. probably welladvertised open days in your respective areas, i dont see how you can get the calender out there without considerable cost ,what cost to print. when did you see a teenager interested in calenders,. where is the money comming from, i made a sugestion earlier but so far scated round , it seems to me that a selected few have all the say, others have none,some of you must have read the young mans comments earlier .and all we get is a calender which no doubt will not get much further. i think that a more personal approach would do better ..these are just my thoughts and no offence is intended to the club or any individual just the freedom of speech or in this case print,,grandad
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

grumpygrandad, I didn't see your earlier comments, perhaps you could send me an outline via PM so I'm up to speed Image
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

grandad yes yes lee is helping with one idear which could help out but it needs to go on the mag rack but that possibley can not happen due to costing and legal thingy
how about this is only a idear we all get out and show them our cars
here is a idear some one get intouch with collages were they do mechainics etc tech collages write to them see if there is any way that we as a hole could go there for the day show the cars and including the modid one as well as daily drivers no matter the condition . no matter the shap condition as long as on the road tell them how easy to work on and to drive as in the counrty there are meany collages about that we all could join in take the motors for a day showing them to the younger ones how cheap they are and how much fun they can be
its only a idear then you could have a stand or stall type of thing that could sell the calenders or hats etc gets some posters made of the best moded ones like the traveller chevy v8 goning down the motor way have a tv showing the minors racing and the ones from utube like the one betting the motorbike
have i just put the cat amunst the pigens

chris <br>Image<br>
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

hello well at least we are thinking on the same wave lenghts, i have made a sujestion that i am prepared to stand by if any one is interestedi will wait and see,,,grandad
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

hope so grandad see what comes of it it will not cost a thing at all seems like there are some willing to listen to all on here there is also some that will not as "not in the curcle " like i said lee is going sort out the calender grandad ,me and some overs have put i think good idears out there what dose any one eles thing will any thing happen or will it be brushed under the carpet
not trying to upset any one with this message it is what is happen and if you dont think so then please please sit back have a read about on the form then you will see
like i said im not trying to put any ones nose out at all
chris
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

moggyminor16 wrote:hope so grandad see what comes of it it will not cost a thing at all seems like there are some willing to listen to all on here there is also some that will not as "not in the curcle " like i said lee is going sort out the calender grandad ,me and some overs have put i think good idears out there what dose any one eles thing will any thing happen or will it be brushed under the carpet
not trying to upset any one with this message it is what is happen and if you dont think so then please please sit back have a read about on the form then you will see
chris
well i have said one or two things but they just get bypassed and yes its a very closed circuit and some of us will never get in side i admire lee for the calender but will cost a lot of monet to get itup to a good circulation then thers the morris mag how will that work only full members can get it. dont worry about putting noses out of joint , its called freedom of speech..grandad
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

If I get a good response from here and the other forum re the calendars then I'll get it into the 2 minor mags and possibly practical classics. Late I know but it'll get the message out Image
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

nice one lee
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

by passed

Post by grumpygrandad »

moggyminor16 wrote:hope so grandad see what comes of it it will not cost a thing at all seems like there are some willing to listen to all on here there is also some that will not as "not in the curcle " like i said lee is going sort out the calender grandad ,me and some overs have put i think good idears out there what dose any one eles thing will any thing happen or will it be brushed under the carpet
chris
nno not bypased more like a ring road,,grandad
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

yes yes yes in a word but glad lee will try to sort out the rest lets see if anything eles than a calender happens

good on ya lee
come on look at the idears and go for it
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
HarryMango
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by HarryMango »

Dean wrote:Is the MMOC really funny towards youngsters modding Minors? Or is it just a few individuals?
Off the top of my head I can think of at least 3 MMOC National Committee members who run modded Minors.

Rog
Judge
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Judge »

It used to be four :wink:
Bill Hewlett

Oxon & Berks Branch Chairman - MOT-UK Organiser (see http://www.blurb.com/books/1518384 and http://www.blurb.com/books/2422813)
Oxon & Berks Website: http://www.bucksinfo.net/mogbox/
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

lol your right grandad
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg