Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

younger members

Post by grumpygrandad »

hello looking to day we have nearly 5,000 registered users and every single day there is a new registered user. so where are they this sites revolve around about a dozen of you, so where are the rest what age are they mabe we have many youngsters hiding in the wood work also are they morris owners ,lastley if it wasnt for the dozen or so regulars would this site even exist some of you have axcellent knowledge. ..grandad
Judge
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Judge »

I would imagine that quite a lot of those are no longer 'users'. However it's like the rallies, when around 100 entrants is exceptional, and the AGM attended by less than one percent of the membership.
Bill Hewlett

Oxon & Berks Branch Chairman - MOT-UK Organiser (see http://www.blurb.com/books/1518384 and http://www.blurb.com/books/2422813)
Oxon & Berks Website: http://www.bucksinfo.net/mogbox/
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

hello i just wondered if there is a way to see how many are still active and do they all have a morris and what age does younger members start and older members bigine im heading fast to 61 so i know where i am,,,grandad
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

You can look at the number of postings made - on the member list. Many just register when they have a problem needing fixed, and then we don't hear from them until the next problem pops up. Fair enough! That's what the site is for - useful/helpful site for Minor owners. It is a point though - that perhaps those who haven't posted for say a couple of years should be dropped off the list. They can always re-apply if they need more help.
ImageImage
nortont1

Post by nortont1 »

I shall be using the site alot more, i am new to the site and not long been a morris owner and i am 19 years old, so there are some younger members
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

lets assume they are all morris owners there must still be a lot of morris minors sodoes any one know just how many there are still registered,,grandad
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

Post by grumpygrandad »

nortont1 wrote:I shall be using the site alot more, i am new to the site and not long been a morris owner and i am 19 years old, so there are some younger members
stand fast mate you will get a lot of welcmes ,, welcome to the morris site,,grandad
rob.hardy1
Minor Fan

Post by rob.hardy1 »

I am pleased to welcome you too, Norton. I have been on the site on and off for a year or so now and find it very friendly. Not just a place to find valuable information ( which you can get loads of ) but also a place to get all sorts of advice, guidance with a lot of laughs along the way.
toginthemog
Minor Fan

Post by toginthemog »

Hi Gradad, I;m 55 so I know what sid of the fence I stand but I was thinking do you suppose the youngsters may have trouble insuring or maybe its just something simply like getting somewhere or someone to help them with a full blown project. lets be honest its quite daunting orce you get started It can look like there will never be an end to it. the young lads that kick around with my son dont even know what a moggy is, so they find it easier to buy something modern and just bolt extras on. But we purchased a 64 2 door for my son so you do have another 19 yearl old and maybe he will go out to the world of youngsters and change their veiws.
[sig]8906[/sig]
StaffsMoggie
Minor Addict

Post by StaffsMoggie »

A very warm welcome to you Norton, any problems you have just ask on here and there will be someone who has been there before!
grumpygrandad
Minor Addict

young ones

Post by grumpygrandad »

toginthemog wrote:Hi Gradad, I;m 55 so I know what sid of the fence I stand but I was thinking do you suppose the youngsters may have trouble insuring or maybe its just something simply like getting somewhere or someone to help them with a full blown project. lets be honest its quite daunting orce you get started It can look like there will never be an end to it. the young lads that kick around with my son dont even know what a moggy is, so they find it easier to buy something modern and just bolt extras on. But we purchased a 64 2 door for my son so you do have another 19 yearl old and maybe he will go out to the world of youngsters and change their veiws.
hello you may well be right on all the points you mentioned, its not a cheap job to do one up and you could certanly buy a car that is on the road, golf ,fiesta, and so on, you do need to be very dedicated to take a rusty classic of any mark, i have done one never again,,,grandad
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

welcome norton to the mad world of moggies
[sig]5641[/sig]
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

I was thinking do you suppose the youngsters may have trouble insuring
The club insurance via AON used to be far cheaper for teenagers than insuring a eurobox - so it would have been the opposite.
With the recent changes between AON and FJ, things should be back to normal, but time will tell.
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Can only say again the Club are on the case with regard to the Young Driver's policies. So if anyone has a problem/hears of someone with a problem/being refused etc contact the office in Derby 01332 291675 and Liz will do her best to help :D

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512