Test Photos

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
DeanyB
MMOC Member: No

Test Photos

Post by DeanyB »

While sorting out an old aunts house in Oxford area. I have come accross a number of Photos relating to her father and the testing of the morris minor. Some are stamped on the back with Morris Motors LTD, some with The Nuffield Organisation some with BMC cowley and at least 1 with Planet News Ltd. A Number of them have Test cases typed onto the back. Would anyone be interested in them? Are they of any value? I only ask the last question as any money would help pay the nursing home fees. what ever happens although they are not of any great intrest to me it seems a shame to just distroy them.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Please what ever you do don't destroy them at the very least the main club I am sure would be interested in them.
Just one question do you know what year they are from, I only ask this to make sure its the post war Morris Minor and not the pre war one, and if no-one else wants them I would gladly look after them.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

The photos would certainly be of historical value, I have no idea of the financial value. I should think that a suitable home could be found for them. I will see what I can do.
DeanyB

Post by DeanyB »

There are some that look as if they could have been taken during the war possibly in the desert of some sort of military vehicle these have the morris motors stam pn the back.

There are a number of photos of some sort of test on a black split screen morris minor reg: SJO624 i'm told that its an unsual car because in the photos it seems to have 2 fuel tanks.

There are also a number of photos of the testing process and equipment with typed test cases on the reverse.

all the photos are back and white.

One photo although damaged very slighty at the edge is a long show room with all the parts of a moris minor layed out and the sign reads "These 19,579 parts make a new moris minor"
Last edited by DeanyB on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leo
Minor Fan

Post by Leo »

I would love to have a chance to look at those photos, I live in Oxfordshire and own a Minor Traveller which has some interesting Works history and also came with some original BMC Photos

Leo (Wallingford)
DeanyB

Post by DeanyB »

I have just been told that the military vehicle is a mobile comand centre c 1939- 40 ish
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

I would advise you approach the historian/secretary at the MMOC directly. Allow them first refusal as they may be of unique historical interest. If not then we can fight amongst them. :wink:
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Don't break up the collection, for gawd's sake
a
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

I suggest you contact Ray Newell the MMOC's Secretary via the Club Office 01332 291675. I'm certain he would be very interested in seeing these photos.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
Judge
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Judge »

Make sure you get a fair price if they are to be published :wink: and keep the copyright.
Bill Hewlett

Oxon & Berks Branch Chairman - MOT-UK Organiser (see http://www.blurb.com/books/1518384 and http://www.blurb.com/books/2422813)
Oxon & Berks Website: http://www.bucksinfo.net/mogbox/
Onne

Post by Onne »

( and if, you have the possibility scan them in so at least you have a copy...)
Onne van der S. MMOCno 60520 Moderator
2dr 1971 White DAF 55 (with hopefully a 1600cc engine soon)
2dr 1973 Bergina (DAF 44)
2dr Estate 1975 DAF 46 in red
2dr saloon 1972 DAF 44 in Mimosa