Morris Minor Blueprints

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geofizz
MMOC Member: No

Morris Minor Blueprints

Post by geofizz »

I am new to this forum and would like to add a thread.

I recently contacted the MMOC regarding The Original Blueprints for Morris Minors, I currently have some blueprints from Morris Motors, one is over 25 feet in length and three feet tall, original blueprints of 1-4 size Morris Minor split screen, and another for the Morris Minor 1000. They came from Morris Motors in Cowley and have been stored for many years, they show original designs for the car ! Every detail... they must be unique ?

I contacted the Club to no avail ! No return call, Is anyone interested ?

I have contacted a London Auction House to sell them in the coming weeks and feel they are very important, does anyone have any others ?
toginthemog
Minor Fan

Post by toginthemog »

welcome member number 5000 your in the right place for info about the blueprints wait and see someone will come back soon there has been a thread about plans or blueprints someone will remember it you just wait
[sig]8906[/sig]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

" I contacted the Club to no avail ! No return call, Is anyone interested ? "
Absolutely typical I'm afraid - well done for trying though! Sound like extremely interesting 'blueprints' - and the MMOC should indeed be attempting to secure them. Do please point us to the Auction when it's all arranged!
ImageImage
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

Who did you speak to at the club?

Jon Rocke
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

Quite, it does sound like the sort of thing that the club ought to have.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

IaininTenbury wrote:Quite, it does sound like the sort of thing that the club ought to have.
I agree - I've contacted the relevant person.

Jon Rocke
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

That's all very well now - but why the total dis-interest when an outsider tries to contact the Club with something interesting! ??
ImageImage
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

Easy enough breakdown in communications? Say for example: seller phones MMOC office, leaves message with someone to be passed on to the 'relavent person', message either vanishes into email land, gets mislaid when in paper form, hasn't been read yet, in a pile of many other messages etc etc. Anything could have gone wrong. Dosn't make it right but these things do happen. If by the seller posting the info on here, the message gets through, then all well and good, and also proves the worth of the message board.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Can't imagine they are actually 'overwhelmed' with calls offering huge original Minor Blueprints! Should have been answered there and then - but, perhaps it was tea-break time in Sleepy Hollow!
ImageImage
geofizz

Post by geofizz »

Morning,

I called the MMOC phone No on the website and spoke to a Lady, I left all my contact details but heard nothing for four weeks so I contacted an Auction House, I said to the lady that they should really go to the Club, I also spoke to a company from the Birmingham area who supplies parts to the MMOC who said ' I should donate them to the Club' I asked him if he donated his parts for free to the Club' He doesnt. Glad there is some gathering interest. If anyone would like to see them this is possible, any help as to the best place for them would be great. sadly I cannot afford to simply give them away..
Judge
Minor Legend

Re: Morris Minor Blueprints

Post by Judge »

geofizz wrote: I contacted the Club to no avail ! No return call, Is anyone interested ?
:roll:

Actually a number of blueprints appeared on ebay a while ago, and were purchased by a club member. Why not try this?
Bill Hewlett

Oxon & Berks Branch Chairman - MOT-UK Organiser (see http://www.blurb.com/books/1518384 and http://www.blurb.com/books/2422813)
Oxon & Berks Website: http://www.bucksinfo.net/mogbox/
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Would there be any chance of putting up some photo's of them :D
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
Peetee
Minor Legend

Post by Peetee »

As a draftsman and Minor enthusiast I would be very interested. :D
I've often wondered if such things still exist. Quite by coinsidence I'm hoping to get my hands on some genuine blueprints of Battersea power station. Valuable I'm sure but i shan't be parting with them.
Are you willing to suggest how much you want for yours?
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
geofizz

Post by geofizz »

Well the Club is showing alot of interest now, the largest one is approx 30 feet in length so difficult indeed to photograph, they have been rolled up for years, given the snow here, the only way would be to have maybe four people to hold it outside ! Then take a picture from say 20 feet distance ! and everything is drawn quarter size, its difficult. Someone from this forum offered £50 to £100 today ! Which is about the price of wallpaper.. Mmmm
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Would certainly make for an interesting living room - i'll ask the Boss in the morning ! Somehow - I suspect I know the answer already!
ImageImage
geofizz

Post by geofizz »

Here are a couple of pics !<br>Image<br><br>Image<br>
geofizz

Post by geofizz »

and another<br>Image<br>
leyther8008
Minor Fan

Post by leyther8008 »

Maybe someone could use them to make body panels that actually fit!!
I'll see you on the otherside'!
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

leyther8008 wrote:Maybe someone could use them to make body panels that actually fit!!
They never fitted first time when the Minor was in production - Panels were "selected" on an individual car basis for "best" fit, so I doubt those blueprints would help in that respect. They give the "theoretical" correct size but manufacturing tolerances back then were to within half an inch ;-)
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
geofizz

Post by geofizz »

A Door Handle ! <br>Image<br>