Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Ondergard
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Is it just psychological?

Post by Ondergard »

It's only a few weeks - since late November, I suppose - that I started taking seriously the yen to own a MM or 1000 again, after thirty-odd years.

I live in West Wales - Pembrokeshire - and I work in a variety of villages, and sometimes travel up north to Dolgellau as well.

In one small village I cover, population about two thousand tops, I have found two Morris Minors - I posted pictures of one a couple of weeks ago - and then today, found another one (a soft top) parked up by the Cleddau Bridge, and on Thursday came out of a building in Milford Haven to find a white two door had parked in front of my car whilst I was inside.

Apart from the first one, they were all tidy - especially the convertible. None for sale, unfortunately, but what are the odds, in such a relatively sparsely populated area of the country, that I would find three in about five days, and two in the same small village?

Is it just because I'm looking out for them that I notice them about?Were they there all the time, or is someone trying to send me a message? :lol:
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Theres more about than you think! You tend to notice things more when you own/are looking out for one.

stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

...and I;ve just seena red convertible on TV as part of some advert or trailer - only the car I noticed, not the product!
]
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

They're all over the place - saw 3 on an industrial estate today when I returned a bottle to BOC
HarryMango
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by HarryMango »

My brother has just spent a few days on a walking hol in deepest Cornwall & the owner of his digs in Cury had a fine E reg Traveller.

Rog
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

I went out for the first proper journey in my minor last night and went bowling, I just happened to park next to another minor in the car park. Isn't it strange how these things happen.
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

A few days ago a friend mentioned not seeing many 09 plate cars.
I thought to myself that I'm likely to see more Minors than 09 plate cars here in Warwickshire - especially as most people I know are under threat of redundancy.

And yesterday whilst about to enter a roundabout , I hit the back of a 1 week old 09 plate Peugeot :cry: At least it wasn't a Minor!!
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Oh no. Hope you are OK ray. Another nissan written off?

Pyoor_Kate
Minor Addict

Post by Pyoor_Kate »

Well, the weather's getting nicer, so people are probably starting to bring out their warm-garage-over-winter cars. As the sun comes out the classics come out too.

Unless you're me, in which case the classics get the salt washed off when summer comes :)
Pyoor Kate
The Electric Minor Project
The Current Fleet:
1969 Morris 'thou, 4 Door. 2010 Mitsubishi iMiEV. 1920s BSA Pushbike. 1930s Raleigh pushbike.
The Ex-Fleet:
1974 & 1975 Daf 44s, 1975 Enfield 8000 EV, 1989 Yugo 45, 1981 Golf Mk1, 1971 Vauxhall Viva, 1989 MZ ETZ 125, 1989 Volvo Vario 340, 1990, 1996 & 1997 MZ/Kanuni ETZ 251s
Desires:
Trabant 601, Tatra T603, Series II Landy, Moskvitch-401, Vincent HRD Black Shadow, Huge garage, Job in Washington State.
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

I never used to see any, but since I have been restoring my Minor.... I must see at least one a week. There does seen to be a strong lean towards travellers in my neck of the woods.
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

I'd give it a go if I had a garage....

Stig
Minor Addict

Post by Stig »

Well you won't see mine around for the next month as its MOT ran out yesterday and it needs some serious welding. :( Probably more than I can manage with limited time/equipment/skill, but I've been recommended a guy in Reading who should do it justice (and for an extremely reasonable price). He's booked up for the next couple of weeks (inconvenient, but a good sign) so I'll be driving the Sprite for a while. Just when it's dropped below freezing in the mornings again, still it's not raining so I'm not complaining.

If the welding's done as well as I expect it will be then I'll pass on the recommendation to anyone in the area.